The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member in Central PA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member in Central PA
    Posted: Feb 22 2018 at 5:07pm
In addition to being a new member to this forum, I am a new to being a carbine owner.  I'm not new to firearms though - I've been shooting since the early 60's.  I served in the Submarine Service from 71 to 81.  Since then I've had a couple of jobs around the country and had my own business for awhile.  Now that I'm retired, I've been taking the motorcycle on some long rides and collecting some of those things that I always thought would be nice to have Smile.  I've been looking at carbines for the past couple of months at gun shows and this past weekend I picked one up.  It's a Standard Products piece with a mix of parts in it.  The rains stopped on Tuesday and I took the opportunity to get it out shooting ---- very pleased with how well it shoots.  I want to thank the forum for being such a great resource and thank all of the members in advance for helping me with my questions.
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2018 at 5:24pm
Welcome to the forum.
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2018 at 5:35pm
Welcome from another M1 carbine owner/shooter from Maryland. You have come to the right place for information regarding your M1. We welcome your questions.
Charles
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2018 at 5:52pm
Welcome to the forum boomer, as you already stated this forum is a great resource for info on all things Carbine.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2018 at 7:21pm
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Great group of folks with lots of knowledge.  

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2018 at 7:36pm
Welcome to the forum from a former resident of Penn's woods.
 Post Reply Post Reply