Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

unknown barrel on underwood bavarian carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: unknown barrel on underwood bavarian carbine
    Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 7:31pm
I have an underwood bavarian carbine given to the forestry dept. I purchased it from the CMP when they had the last batch in the South Store maybe 8 to 10 years ago. It has a barrel with no stamping or other marks on it. It guages less than one so it's been fired very little. Looks like a high quality barrel. Someone suggested to me that maybe erma made some for the bavariain carbines while they were in use there. Does anyone know about this ?
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 7:51pm
Many of these were polished and blued. Many times the markings became unreadable.
What make is the receiver, are all the other parts correct to the receiver?
Can you take it out of stock, remove slide and take a few pics of the gas chamber, this will narrow down what you have
Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2018 at 7:43am
It is an Underwood all the parts are not underwood it has a M2 stock. I will get it apart and post some pics. I'll have to get one of my son's to teach me how to do the pictures, not very good with computers guess I'll have to learn. I'll get back. Thanks for the response. It was given to the forestry dept. after the war. That is stamped on it as well and the area it went to.
 Post Reply Post Reply