The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New, Old Member from Southwest Virginia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New, Old Member from Southwest Virginia
    Posted: Feb 03 2018 at 3:15pm
Just joined a few days ago. Sort of got my cart before my horse, though. Made my first post in General Discussions instead of making an introduction. In any event, it doesn't appear the membership here is composed of the sort who stand on ceremony.
[Cut-and-pasted from my first post in Gen. disc.]  "I'm an M1 Carb. newbie (newbie on the CCForum, not by age and not to guns) and perhaps my first post will make that fact painfully clear. After something like forty+ years, I decided to open up the .30 M1 Carbine I bought on a whim around 1975 or so, out of a Richmond, VA Sunday newspaper."
In addition, want to say that in all my years in the shooting sports, I've rarely come across a site as well put together as this one. Don't yet know all the history of the Carbine Club and likely never will, but I do want to commend those who have put this site into operation and the obvious love for their hobby they exhibit. I note that the first issue of the club NL was out of Salem, VA. Strange that I've lived in the Salem/Roanoke area since 1972 and never heard of this club (yes, I do understand it started in 1976). Perhaps that's because my interest has been more in the shooting (Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club) than in the collecting of firearms.

As Forrest Gump's mom once opined, "Stupid is as stupid does.". I'm certainly not immune from that truism. I have however, learned to (sometimes) ask questions before getting out the Vice-Grips, so I'll likely be on here pestering you guys for help from-time-to-time. Hope you won't mind the bother. Reciprocally, if I can be of service, just ask. Stupid questions are the ones you should have asked before taking action (sometimes). Wink H- 
Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things... You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2018 at 4:00pm
Welcome to the forums.

little info on the club

halbert View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2018 at 8:38pm
I did read that, New2brass. The Saunders name seems familiar, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know the name of the Carbine Club founder from Salem? Just my curiosity shining through. thanks for the shout-out. H-
Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things... You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image