The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Novice Collector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quicksilvergoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Novice Collector
    Posted: Feb 02 2018 at 12:54pm
I finally got it together and started my Carbine collection a couple months back. I have an 252K Inland, 1.68 mil Rock-ola, and a 2.87 Underwood already. In the hunt for a Winchester next.

If I understand correctly I can order a hard copy of all the old newsletters?

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2018 at 1:36pm
Welcome to the forum and yes you can get all the back issues of the newsletters. Got mine a few months ago, all I can say is prepare to be overwhelmed with info!
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/ccnl-back-issues-available_topic1138.html?FID=42&PR=3
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2018 at 2:48pm
Welcome to the forum.  I put my NLs in 7 binders I had on hand that range from 1.5" to 2.5".  I think any wider makes it hard to flip through the pages.  Be sure and download the searchable indexes.  They are a lot of help finding info.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2018 at 3:38pm
Welcome to the forum. Should you get them, prepare for three hole punch repair. Lots of ways to break them up into sections. Always seem to find something new.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Welcome to the forum. Should you get them, prepare for three hole punch repair. Lots of ways to break them up into sections. Always seem to find something new.

I wasn't going to mention the hole punching but that does take a little while.  And don't get 'em out of order or worst...imagine a 3000 card pick-up.  Just kiddin', it isn't too bad and they are great to have. 
quicksilvergoat View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quicksilvergoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2018 at 4:51pm
Very well noted gentleman. I do intend to buy the whole set at some point here in the near future unless I buy another Carbine first. When I do I’ll make sure my three hole punch is well oiled.

Thanks for the welcome.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by sling00 sling00 wrote:

Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

I wasn't going to mention the hole punching but that does take a little while.  And don't get 'em out of order or worst...imagine a 3000 card pick-up.  Just kiddin', it isn't too bad and they are great to have. 

Lol, know that feeling well.

I found it easier to just photocopy the ripped pages and re hole punch. Mine have been out of order so many times, I occasionally run into pages that are still out of order. Started numbering the pages when they aren't present or hard to read just in case especially when doing things like grouping the manufacturer reviews for an auction or GS.
 Post Reply Post Reply