Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Other Wartime Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M1912 Squad Cleaning Kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M1912 Squad Cleaning Kit
    Posted: Jan 15 2018 at 8:03am
I’ve waited 5 days for an answer on the CMP forum with no takers.  I tried signing up on U.S. Militaria Forum and after several  Validation attempts and a couple emails to admins I still can’t access or ask anything.  So I’ve come back “home”, not that you’re last but I didn’t want to get off subject.
I have a park'ed M1912 squad box with the spot welded metal divider. I picked up one of the steel/painted oilers to start putting a kit together and it doesn't want to fit in the dividers without forcing it in and then only "fits" in the left compartment. I have a brass oiler that fits in the left side but not the right. Has anyone experienced this before? 

By any chance does anyone have the spec sheet on the box or oiler for what the dimensions should be?
To simplify, does anyone have a known genuine painted steel oiler you can accurately measure the outer diameter? How about measuring a genuine USGI parked box compartments?  The more the better.  More than one of each would be good for an idea of manufacturing tolerances.
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply