The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fhmfire1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for info
    Posted: Jan 11 2018 at 12:52am
This is my 1st post,can anyone help me with any info regarding a universal carbine i just aquired .I cant find a whole lot of background on it .Serial # begins with x followed by 3 digits which is located in front of rear sight .Wondering if this is a 1st generation since it appears to have a G.I. style charging handle and single recoil spring front sight has 1 roll pin and no set screw.Anything anyone can tell me would be great   
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2018 at 6:35am
Welcome to the forum.  To start your quest have you looked at the Carbine Club's reference page?  If not, click the carbine at the top of the page and it will take you there.  LOTS of info on USGI and the commercial brands.  For the Universal here's a shortcut:
Lots of folks on this forum to help answer your questions.
Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply