Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howa - Royal Thai Police M1 carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpl-carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howa - Royal Thai Police M1 carbine
    Posted: Dec 31 2017 at 7:58am
Hello - new guy here. 

My first post. Wanted to share images of my brothers carbine. Its a Howa - made in Japan and supplied to the Royal Thai Police. While researching this rifle, I stepped into lots of convoluted history on post war re-arming in Japan, post war police forces versus military, etc. The story gets even more convoluted when the importation of arms is restricted, and importers used various methods to bring back US GI guns. The Japanese-built Howas came along for the ride.  

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2017 at 12:49pm
you found the right place! In case you missed it

jpl-carbine View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpl-carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2017 at 12:59pm
Hello Dan - 

Thanks for the welcome. Missed it (info on RTP carbines) on first pass thru, then realized I missed Part II where the history on Howas branches into the Royal Thai Police info. This site is the real deal for carbine info, thats for sure.    
 Post Reply Post Reply