The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors > Displays and Museums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ntl M1 Carbine Display & Competition - AL (2006)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zenfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2018 at 5:03am
Soon after I joined here I saved several of these pics for my desk top.
Fly Fishing boat Capt Port Canaveral..FFF / CCI
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2018 at 5:39pm
Does anyone remember which Carbine Club Newsletter that had a front page picture of this show and crowd?
I believe it was the first show, but could have been the 2nd year.
I wasn't a member of the Club at that time so I don't have the Newsletter.

I ask because a Dear friend on mine recently passed away who was there and pictured among the crowd on that front page, he called it ."Priceless"
He was a long time member of The Carbine Club and volunteered at the CMP.
His name: Charles Waldrop from Birmingham, AL.
One of the Original Bhama Gang.

I'd greatly appreciate any help.
I'm hoping to be able to buy a couple copies.
One I can keep, the other to send to his family.

VR
Charlie
Living Free because of those that serve.....
old59porsche View Drop Down
On Point
On Point
RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote old59porsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2018 at 7:35pm
The story was written by Richard Van Damme and appeared as a "Special Edition" Summer 2006. The newsletter had no volume #, and it was in the form of a booklet rather than individual pages. The pages were numbered SE-1 thru SE-12, featuring 25 pictures taken at the show. Besides Paul Imbragulio, the organizer, pictures of Doug Yates, the three judges: Larry Ruth, Ron Wellman and Martin McVay, Marty Black, Richard Van Damme the author of this story, Richard Wright, Gary Lahrman and Phillip Taylor appeared. Though not identified, I appear as a part of a group photograph.
The booklet is copyrighted and I will not reproduce without permission.
Retired Army Guy
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2018 at 8:30pm
Do Appreciate your reply old59porsche,
I didn't become a member until after the shows that Paul and the others worked so hard on.
I still have the last 2 Newsletters that would ever be sent out before we went to a Web set up.... still un-opened. I'm saving them.... like NOS in the Wrap.

I'll look through the index and look for This Special Edition, in hopes of being able to buy a couple.
You've been a big help just letting me know that it wasn't a numbered Newsletter...... I had no way to know.
I'll try contacting Marty and see what can be done...... Legally by all means.
I do understand from years of being a member and working with David B, BQ, Chris A, Marcus, Mike from New Zealand... etc that all falls under Copyright. I wasn't trying to sneak around the barn... I'll use the front doors.

Again Appreciate your help and your service,

Charlie Holland
Painter777
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2018 at 9:39pm
Is The Special Edition known as The Special Report as referred to in the CCNL index?
Did it come with CCNL #335?
If I'm able to order/pay for 2 of these back issues of #335 CCNL's, will the Special Reports (x2) come with the order?

Copied/pasted below from the CCNL Index PDF:

335. Singer Manufacturing name, Inland inspection manual part 1, Low and high serial numbers on record, WWII carbine production summary, Unusual parts markings (more, since NL 332), El Salvador carbines (more, since NL 333), Recoil plate and stock fit. Special Report (un-numbered issue, re: the 2006 Birmingham gunshow carbine display).

Thx,
Charlie-Painter777
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2018 at 11:12am
Anyone able to add to my above post ?.
See reply 56 in link below

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2018 at 12:11pm
Charlie, sent you an email
PBICarbine View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PBICarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2020 at 4:50pm
To long time collector and friend old59porshe RIP we will once again meet and discuss the M1 Carbine.
PBICarbine View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBICarbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2022 at 11:57pm
It is with a sad heart that I announce the passing of Larry Ruth this past weekend. He was the cornerstone of the M1 Carbine collecting world. RIP Mr. Larry Ruth we collectors will miss you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12