Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My first Carbine, Inland.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2017 at 11:10pm
Man, that's a nice one! Have read about them on Jim's site, but this is a first sighting in the internet wild so to speak. Congrats!
Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2017 at 11:46pm
My, the Hong Kong Police made sure to mark this rifle well!
Baylorattorney View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baylorattorney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2017 at 12:50am
If you need a barrister, I am not licensed in Canada, but can refer you to competent counsel for the "stealing' of this fine rifle.   hehe  
Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2017 at 2:10pm
Wow! Good to have you on my side! What would this little beast go for on the US market , approx?
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2017 at 4:39pm
Nice ordnance bomb on bottom of TH under the HPK number.
Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2017 at 4:58pm
Yes, never noticed the bomb at first, but looks very cool. On another note, thinking of swapping my recoil check for three spare mags. The recoil check was meant for the M2 anyway!
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2017 at 10:53pm
I'll give you $630 for it Wink. You can tell the Misses you sold it for a profit and your out of the dog house! LOL
Michael
Retired Army 1987-2008
4th ID Mech, 11th ACR, 25th ID light, 82nd Abn, 101st Abn/AAsslt, 160th SOAR
Helicopter Dr.
VCDL member
NRA Life Member
Weapons & History Enthusiast

Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2017 at 10:58pm
She suggests I buy a new toy every Christmas. Last year, an AR 7. This year, an M1. After that, a .380 Beretta pistol. Picked up a Denix replica as a wall hanger, too!
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2017 at 11:03pm
That's a good woman! Keep her happy! Big smile
Michael
Retired Army 1987-2008
4th ID Mech, 11th ACR, 25th ID light, 82nd Abn, 101st Abn/AAsslt, 160th SOAR
Helicopter Dr.
VCDL member
NRA Life Member
Weapons & History Enthusiast

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2017 at 10:51am
which AR7? Armalite, Charter Arms or a Henry?

and heck I would give you 900 US for the carbine, what's in loonies and tooniesWacko 

But alas, could not be easily imported. Very nice carbine and thanks for sharing.
Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2017 at 11:34am
The AR 7 is a Henry. The Charter Arms units were often problematic . Henry units come with an extra mag. I did see a grey-barrelled AR at a show a while back that was Charter. Looked very old but not the original Armalite though. The Israelies made a copy also. James Bond would be proud!
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2017 at 11:45am
I have both Charter and Armalite.  I also have the CA Explore II pistol version with all barrels. 

found no issues with any of them.

I have a telescoping stock for one of them. I understand the Israelis used a telescoping stock but never seen an actual one
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2017 at 5:38am
The value in the USA would be impacted by the presence of the 1968 Gun Control Act's required importer's mark.

The stigma carried by the importer markings partly traces back to those brought back from Korea by Blue Sky Imports that they stamped the mark so deep in the barrel it pushed into the bore and ruined the barrel.

The other part of the stigma is the importer's mark is usually associated with carbines used by nations who didn't maintain their carbines. As with many, but not all, of those brought in by Blue Sky imports.

I think this is kinda funny in a way as those turned into the U.S. Army by those same third world nations that didn't maintain them, that the army turned over to CMP for sales, have a slightly higher value than carbines absent the import mark. The U.S. Army doesn't "import" U.S. manufactured weapons. They bring them home. In reality so do the importers but the importers are subject to the laws of the Dept of State and Dept of Justice. The army, being under the Dept of Defense, obviously isn't subject to the same laws.

Back to value. If you base the value on what the majority of Americans would pay had it come home prior to 1968 and was absent an import mark those HKP parts would devalue it as the majority would remove them and replace them with parts absent the HKP markings.

But ... if you value it on what some us in the minority would pay out of our interest in where it served, you'd get more than what the majority would pay.

New2Brass is at an offer of $900. I'm kind of an odd duck with the interests I have. Buying it now would end the search that's been going on almost 10 years. New2Brass is wealthier than I am but he'd have to pay over $1200-$1300 to bump me out of the game. Maybe a bit more if you took a credit card.

Jim
Butsky View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2018 at 1:55pm
Just playing with my carbine today and had a closer look at the "flash hider" that came with it. It is a recoil reducer of some sort and not Spanish-made. Probably an Inland unit. Are these kinda' rare and worth having? CHECK RECOIL M1 stamped on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12