Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

K.Art. stamping on receiver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K.Art. stamping on receiver
    Posted: Dec 19 2017 at 2:00pm
in front of rear sight.
Anyone every seen this?
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2017 at 12:26am
Norwegian Koastal artillery
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2017 at 7:45am

Dan,
Thanks for that. I googled Norwegian Koastal artillery and saw a reference to several 'importers' for these carbines. Were they lend lease or something similar to the Bavarian program? 
I looked for an import stamp on the barrel and did not find one. Maybe I should look more closely. 
I wouldn't think the K.Art. stamp would add value to this mixmaster. 
Hope you have a great Christmas, and thanks again.
Reed
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2017 at 8:09am
Dan (P.S.)
I found another site that said these were MAP to Norway during the 50's. I will look again for an importers mark.
Have a great day.
Reed
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2017 at 11:26am
CCNL 295 has information on the Carbines to Norway. I think there were 6 agencies in Norway with K.art being the prevalent showing up.
Look closely on bottom of barrel near front sight for Import mark.
These carbines also had a rack number or other number that the Norwegians removed when sold. Usually the rear bevel. Some removed nicely, others ground crudely.
Some people have attempted to remove the K.art markings thinking they are import marks.
In my opinion I do think there is collectability in these carbines as it lends some provenance to where they have served.
I personally am looking for one for my collection that retains the numbers put their by the Norwegians.

Here is our page on the MAP program. If anyone has additional MAP information or a website with that information please let us know
 Post Reply Post Reply