The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New guy from Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john17427 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New guy from Louisiana
    Posted: Dec 17 2017 at 8:49pm
Hello.  I've had an Inland for a good bit of my life, but I was OK with just one for a long time.  Then I got into CMP Garands attracted by the mixmaster nature of those.  Then I found out that M1 carbines were even more varied.  So I have Garanditis and Carbineitis in fairly equal measure and always looking for forums that feed those maladies.  Thanks for letting me in.

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2017 at 10:18pm
Welcome John. 2 addictions instead of one. Nice! Having something else to collect is great for those slow times waiting for the next gem or just running into something nice at a local auction. Never know what is right around the corner.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2017 at 5:25am
Welcome to the forum.  As you've found out there are 2 1/2 time more carbine manufacturers and more detective work than on the Garands but this is a great forum to help wade through it all. Folks here have helped me a bunch.  Speaking of new addictions, any concerns with the CMP about to start releasing 1911's?  

Again, welcome and Merry Christmas!   
 Post Reply Post Reply