Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Newsworthy Items
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Featured Carbine Inland 210424

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2018 at 12:42pm
Dan, Yes, I need to post pics and have taken many. Just need to have time and learn process of posting. On another note, I know where a rusty looking Underwood bare reciever is and hopefully see the guy at next gun show in ten days. I made a battery charger powered derusting plastic 50 gal. barrel for my old car derusting part projects and in about two days comes out like new. My concern is condition of scalloped areas inside reciever for cartridge guidence from magazine when bolt strips off a round. His price will be a factor. Picture taking at gun show is restricted. 
WJH1958 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WJH1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 10:37pm
Great info very informative for a new collector like myself
WJH
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2018 at 11:53pm
I really enjoyed learning about Lieutenant A.M. Zak.  He sounded like an incredible man, and warrior.  Excellent job with the pics, write up, and research Glen. 

Do you know how it got home?   The obvious assumption is he brought it home, and if that's the case did it hit the market or see the light of day when he passed?   If that's the case maybe Granddaughter can ask her parents if they inherited it.
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2018 at 11:11am
Granddaughter was not aware of the weapon.  As I recall, the person I acquired it from got it from a long-time collector who has since passed away.
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2018 at 1:11pm
Thanks for the reply Glen, congrats on owning such an amazing carbine.  The work you put into allowed many of us to learn about a great man we never knew of before, and you brought to light a very special carbine while doing so.

I can only hope to do this one day!
sfal7418 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfal7418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2018 at 7:50am
Good info...i checked my Inland 190xxx cant remember off hand last 3....but mine didnt have the dot in front of the 30....also my barrel date is 11-42
Al
sfal7418 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfal7418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2019 at 10:19am
Also mine exhibits the 2 tone on receiver
Al
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12