Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Newsworthy Items
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fred C. Bruhn, R.I.P. (Carbine Club)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Editor in Chief Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fred C. Bruhn, R.I.P. (Carbine Club)
    Posted: Oct 21 2017 at 12:00am
Sad to report that Fred Bruhn, an active early member of the Carbine Club, passed away on 7 October from cancer, at age 76. Fred was an energetic, productive, and very intelligent individual who served as Editor and Administrative Director of the Carbine Club, beginning in about 1981. He was also a talented illustrator, and prior to the electronic/computer/digital camera age, nearly all of the drawings and illustrations in the newsletters were hand-drawn by Fred. He was a great communicator and was always willing to go out of his way to help club members find the carbines or parts that they needed.

A member of the Ohio Gun Collectors Association, he organized semi-annual get-togethers of the Carbine Club members at the Columbus show in the 1980s, and those weekends were always great fun and great learning experiences for carbine collectors.

His friendship, his organizational skills, his hard work, his dedication to the Carbine Club and his good-natured personality will always be remembered. Unfortunately, he had suffered from cancer for the last several years. R.I.P.
Marty Black
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2017 at 9:09am
As a recipient of his generous contributions, may I offer my heart felt condolences to his family.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2017 at 12:30pm
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2017 at 7:57pm
Sadly we say goodbye to another long time contributor to the club.
In our thoughts and prayers.  
Car Wash Chris View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Car Wash Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2017 at 8:26am
That's too bad , sorry to hear that. RIP
NewScotlander View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewScotlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2017 at 12:51pm
Very sorry to hear.
kar6666 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kar6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2017 at 10:46am
Although I didn't know Fred personally I have been a member long enough remember his work. I know he will be missed.
 Post Reply Post Reply