Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Type VI trigger assy price

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Type VI trigger assy price
    Posted: Jul 23 2017 at 9:51pm
A fellow in Frederick, MD has a nice Inland, all internal parts, Type VI trigger assy minus the plunger and spring. The parts are marked the M2 hammmer marked II" disconnector block is marked "PI" , trigger marked "FI" , the M2 sear is marked "RI" ,The 30 round Mag catch is marked with a large "M" underscore ...And finally the flip safety "SS". What is current pricing for such assy?

Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2017 at 5:53am
I suppose I should ask is this Inland Type VI trigger assy worth the $335 asking price?
I was looking for some advice. 😳
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2017 at 9:07am
Just an observation. I see loaded housings going for $200. T6's maybe a bit higher and fully equipped for M2 $500 and higher. I don't see any greater value in a T6, unless one wants to convert the weapon, or it's the one you're looking for. You can purchase a good TH in the $200 price-range. That one looks almost new and may command a little higher price.
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2017 at 3:41pm
FTC, when you say fully equipped for M2, do you mean plunger & spring, selector lever, disconnect lever and 9 spring? I was under the impression that all of those together weren't leagal to own unless registered with BATFE. I know one would still need an M2 slide to make it a fully auto. What exactly are the magic 7 elements too a fully auto registered conversion kit?
1. T6 Trigger housing
2. Sear
3. Hammer
4. Disconnect
5. Plunger & spring
6. Disconnect lever
7. T6 Slide
8. Select lever & 9 spring
Those are all the pieces. Does the plunger & spring get grouped with the disconnect or does the Trigger Housing not count?
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2017 at 4:29pm
I have actually seen the complete assembly for sale on e-bay. I paid little attention to the details, but I followed it just to see what it would sell for and as I recall...something close to $600, maybe less. What's legal and not legal sometimes gets past the e-bay censor-police. U can go find carbine barrels being sold from outside the US and the customs laws are pretty clear concerning barrels, but they are listed none-the-less. You can find magazines for about anything listed as 10-rounds that are obviously larger in capacity. E-bay watches for "magic words" and as long as the seller avoids those magic words...they'll list it.

I don't know beans about what components are needed to create an M2. I just try to be happy with my one-at-a-time M1's.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2017 at 6:12pm
As per ATF
1. Hammer
2. Disconnector
3. Disconnector spring
4. Disconnector Plunger
5. Disconnector lever Assembly
6. Selector Lever
7. Selector Lever Spring (9 spring)

Possession of all 7 is constructive possession of a machine gun. With or without a M2 or M1!

blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2017 at 8:17pm
Possession of all seven is not "constructive possession" of parts from which a machine gun may be constructed. Under the statute, it's actual possession of a machine gun.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2017 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by blackfish blackfish wrote:

Possession of all seven is not "constructive possession" of parts from which a machine gun may be constructed. Under the statute, it's actual possession of a machine gun.

Correction made
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2017 at 12:50pm
Thank you one and all for the explanation of what the 7 magic parts are! It doesn't pass the common sense test bc without the proper slide and trigger housing, none of it works! But it is the BATFE, why expect it to make sense!

Thanks also for the pricing info!
blackfish View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2017 at 1:46pm
It actually does "pass the common sense test" if you understand WHY those parts were chosen. Read the statute. Think about it. Most do not.
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2017 at 10:33am
Blackfish, after giving it further thought, I think I understand why! Parts that were used on M1 carbines were left off. Even though some of the 7 parts may be used on a M1 trigger group also. These specific 7 have to be used on an M2 trigger group.

Seems like they should have added the T6 slide since only all are required and make it a MG, 8 parts instead of 7. Seems one may own all except disconnect plunger or disconnect spring and still be legal.

I bought the T6 trigger group pictured above for $335. The parts look brand new. No refinishing is detectable and machined corners are clean and sharp, with a nick here or there. All are appropriately Inland marked. The T6 trigger housing is stamped with the inverted Inland logo. The parts are marked as follows:
  • T4 hammer is marked I-I
  • disconnector is marked PI
  • trigger marked FI
  • T3 sear is marked RI a
  • T4 mag catch is marked with a M
  • T4 safety SS.  

This trigger group was removed from a M2 imported into Canada from Algiers, Algeria where they were given to the police dept after WW2. Apparently never used by the Algiers PD. The guns were still in grease. The parts were removed from the M2s before the receivers were cut up by a torch. At least that is what I was told.

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2017 at 9:46pm
With the Advent of the M2 parts were updates of earlier parts. The type 6 or L479 slide was designed and used on both M1 and M2 carbines.
Same goes for trigger housing and stocks.

They stopped production of earlier parts and just produced the updated parts.
So those three parts were perfectly acceptable for use on the M1.

All the other parts were M2 specific.

Check your mag catch on side that faces magazine. If it is all original I would expect to see a coded catch
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2017 at 11:14pm
New2brass, I see no subcontractor code. The only mark is the on it is the M on the push face.
 Post Reply Post Reply