Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SN date help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SN date help please
    Posted: Jul 16 2017 at 10:58am
ROCK-OLA 4601196
Am thinking very close to Mar 44, 2nd SN block.
Can anyone confirm?
Many thanks
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
OAMAAM68 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OAMAAM68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2017 at 11:24am
Reed -- Probably so. 2nd RO block: 4,532,100 - 4,632,099 (Nov. 1943 - March 1944). Does it have T-1 or T-2 band, flat or round bolt as this was a transition period at RO? Read in a NL that 4.542 was produced near the end of Feb. 44.
SF,
Bill
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2017 at 12:08pm
Bill, unfortunate is a mix master with Tlll band and round IN bolt. 
Has strange internals: a handfull of IP and S'G' parts that I am trying sort out. but that is another subject. Forum stand by for some questions. I am somewhat conflicted. Wish to hell I never got rid of my newsletters.
Thanks
SF
Reed
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
OAMAAM68 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OAMAAM68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by colreed colreed wrote:

Has strange internals: a handfull of IP and S'G' parts that I am trying sort out.

You're going to get some WTB PMs & posts from IP/S'G' parts seekers!! Standby. . . .
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2017 at 3:53pm
Sorry, NFS
 Post Reply Post Reply