The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dulles Gun Show Report (June 9, 10, 11th 2017)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dulles Gun Show Report (June 9, 10, 11th 2017)
    Posted: Jun 15 2017 at 8:33pm
Dave and I were able to meet up again at the Nation's Gun show at the Dulles Expo center (missed you Charles!). We decided to go on Friday this time. Got a pretty good spot in line and saw some folks with some nice stuff for sale. An old S&W revolver with box and some custom 1911's (not the miliatary ones). Know nothing about them but the S&W was immaculate.

Once inside, there were lots of carbines. The usual folks were there, a few from areas closer to me and a few I've never seen before. There were lots of carbines to the point we lost count. Not many stood out, but didn't get a chance to look at them all.

The highlights:

More than a few arsenal M1A1's for sale. A great entry level paratrooper while looking for that special 1st or 2nd prod. Saw an I cut QH which looked original, i.e. saw no outward signs of monkey business.

The rest were some variation of mixmasters. Some overpriced, some not. A good mix of parts available but not as much as last time. Prices were higher than I expected for parts. Even some de-milled stuff was up for sale.

Once all 1,300 tables got the once over, we found a table and proceeded to take apart an IBM for inspection. There's a story there, but maybe later. Needless to say a vendor rescued us. All that practice didn't pay off as it took me forever to reassemble it. Decided not to take the rest apart, but shared them with others at the show. Spent a lot of time with vendors as they inspected items we were selling. Meeting other carbine club members and talking shop with vendors and others is the bees knees. It's a long drive, but I really enjoy the Dulles show. So much to do and see, 5 hours on Friday just wasn't enough. Maybe next time...

The next show show is July 28, 29 and 30th. Hope to see other members there!
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2017 at 11:42am
I went to the National Gun Day Show in Louisville last weekend. One of the first tables I went to had an early QHMC with a fake flip and type one band on it. While I don't remember the price, what I do remember is that a man who looked at it right after me ended up buying it. Later, I saw him sitting at a table eating lunch and actually thought about telling him what he bought, but decided to mind my own business. Buyer beware!
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2017 at 12:31pm
When Dave, Charles and I went to the November Dulles show, we had looked at an early Winch with the same "characteristics". Not soon after a guy walked past us with it though we didn't know it was the same one. We chased him down thinking we could buy or look at it. We were shocked to see it knowing it wasn't cheap. We also decided to mind our own business and move on.

Hoping to get to Louisville or Tulsa some day.... Heard great things about those shows.
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2017 at 4:02pm
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2017 at 7:34pm
End of September is right around the corner. A presentation S'G' viewing would be a real treat for all who attend.

Should be some nice stuff (carbine and otherwise) at the show.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2017 at 8:08pm
Had a great time at the last show. Got to see a Featured Carbine in person. Also say a strangely blued, shiny carbine. Good stuff.

Next show right around the corner.
 Post Reply Post Reply