The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Bullet for .30 Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impala12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Bullet for .30 Carbine
    Posted: May 31 2017 at 12:16pm
I am using up the last of a 500 round lot of PPU .30 Carbine 110 FMJ . I will begin reloading carbine ammo again as soon as the factory ammo is used up.
I have not bought any bullets yet and I would like to buy what ever performs best.
Can anyone offer a suggestion as to which manufacturer has the best 110 FMJ for accuracy and function?

Has anyone tried the Berry's 110gr copper plated bullet?

floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2017 at 1:21pm
I don't know if there really is a "bad" .308 carbine projectile out there. We're not talking MOA accuracy here with the caliber-30. I remember running across something not long ago from a shooter that reported his Armscorp projectiles varied in diameter more than he cared. I have loaded quite a few Armscorp projectiles with no issues at all. I have also read a blurb concerning flaking on plated bullets I also know that lots of re-loaders shoot those also without issue. I have been shooting pulled projectiles from American Reloading. They sell demilled ammo left from contract cancellations or overruns. I've yet to find any damaged from extraction. I shoot a good many Hornady .308 Mauser bullets as well. I don't think you'll find enough difference to matter among anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply