Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst War Movie Ever!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manteo97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst War Movie Ever!
    Posted: May 09 2017 at 5:54pm
As the title says, "Ski Troop Attack", with Michael Forest & Frank Wolff, produced and directed by Roger Corman (1960).

Well, maybe not the absolute worst, but the worst I have seen involving M1 carbines, actually M1A1 carbines in (poor Hollywood-style) combat action.

Only redeeming feature of this flic is the use of M1A1's by these white camo clad, winter action heroes.

I was in a local Thrift store a month ago, and came across the DVD for $2, and the pictures on the front of the cover rang a bell. I had seen this movie many years ago in the mid-60's, and remember only two things, white camo troops on skiis, and full-auto funny looking M1 carbines. After watching the movie again 50 + years later, there they were, in white, on skiis, and shooting Germans with full auto M1A1's! Watching closely, I was disappointed to determine that they were shooting semi-auto, and the sound track was dubbed in for full auto....so a bit of a let down of my youth.

Interesting to see these guys carrying them by the sling, on skiis, and I even spotted a few scenes where there was no mag in the carbine. They also appear to have Type III barrel bands w/bayo lug.

Germans actually speaking German (dubbed of course), and they are using K98's MP-40, and there's also a Luger or two...maybe rare for an early 60's movie.

Wiki says it was filmed on the cheap in South Dakota, but it looks more like N. California or Nevada to me. List way to long to mention flaws and mistakes.

Found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e--DnJeLR0I

Enjoy!
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 5:52am
I didn't watch it all but skipped my way through it.  

SPOILER ALERT!

I did like the last scene where he fixes his bayonet and "joust" with the German on skis.  Didn't even slow down as he went by but did the guy in.   

Thanks for sharing!  
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 8:58am
Great post and thanks for the link. Agreed it is pretty bad but can't knock a clip with M1A1's in action. Watching war movies takes much longer than it used to. Always pausing to figure out the firearm shown.
 Post Reply Post Reply