The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New from the Poconos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sg18438 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New from the Poconos
    Posted: May 04 2017 at 3:04pm
My name is Steve Goldfarb and I live in the northeast corner of PA on Lake Wallenpaupack. I'm retired from Ingersoll-Rand Co and am a Viet Nam Vet (9th ID in the Delta '68-69). M1 carbines are my latest hobby/obsession. I also restore old trucks and a couple of cars, enjoy studying the Civil War, writing and my grandchildren.
I'm currently building a #6093xxxx Rockola and just finished a Blue Sky Inland. I'm in the process of reading Canfield, Riesch and Harrison and after borrowing some money from my wife I bought War Baby I and am waiting for it to be delivered. The complexities and politics of the M1 collectors and enthusiasts is fascinating. It seems for every alleged fact or "given" about these rifles  there are contradictory facts and "givens". The experts don't even agree and some of them are into their 7th edition.
I'm not a collector...I like to build and/or restore from scratch, with available original parts, as authentic as possible M1s for my use, that are period and brand correct that look good and are good shooters. In car parlance "resto-mods."
I've got lots of questions and look forward to being active in this forum.  

sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 4:31pm
Hey Steve,
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place for getting answers from a lot of experienced folks.  It's good to have you and I look forward to seeing some of your handy work.   
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 5:42pm
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service to our country.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
 Post Reply Post Reply