Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rock-ola Hammer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock-ola Hammer
    Posted: Mar 26 2017 at 7:59pm
Has anyone ever heard of a T3 H marked hammer in a Rock-ola trigger housing?

Edit: Sorry forgot to add context. This hammer was found in a correct, I think, Rock-Ola T4 trigger housing. All parts are Rock-Ola marked (TH, sear, firing pin, R marked extractor, mag catch) except for this one. Single strike marks. Looked for documentation of transfer of hammers from Inland. All I found was a reference to a hammer subcontractor, Hemphill (sp?) in WB with a question mark next to the marking meaning unknown. Will post pics of rest of th later.

cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2017 at 7:06am
why would you think it is a rock ola?? Is it not an Inland I-I??
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2017 at 7:12am
@cali. See edit above. Maybe it is Hemphill? Dunno.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2017 at 7:23am
I really think this is a Hemphill hammer that's probably missing the I. It's not really unusual to see different variations of the H.I. markings (both large and small fonts) and even on Hemphill hammers that they stamped for other prime contractors like NPM for instance.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2017 at 7:32am
Thanks why carbines. Some of the Rock stamps are also missing letters. The amazing part is the Rock-Ola stamp on the side of the sear is tiny but near perfect.
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2017 at 8:25am
well parts other then the hammer may be Rock Ola but somewhere along the line an II hammer was used. Unless you know for 100% that the carbine you have left the factory with the parts on hand you really never know who put it in. Was it on the line at Rock Ola, a transfered hammer? Lots of parts came and went with no records. Was it a replacement in the field? Was it done by the last owner of the carbine? Who really knows for sure?? Perhaps searching past CCNL on Rock Ola carbines might turn up the use of a T3 II marked hammers.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2017 at 9:17am
RMC had issues sourcing hammers towards the end of its production if I remember correctly. Wasn't it that Kal dropped them fairly near the end? RMC straight hammers are fairly easy to find if you do some digging-not as easy as some straight hammers, but they can be found. Just throwing some things out there!
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2017 at 9:51am
This trigger housing is from a 4 million Rock. I know those in this thread already know but if a 4 million Rock is original what kind of things would a collector expect to find?
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2017 at 7:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply