The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member from Texas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member from Texas
    Posted: Mar 14 2017 at 9:33am
Hi, I'm Alan and thanks for having me. I grew up in central Texas on a ranch, went off to college, had a career which got me sidetracked overseas for a long time, now back in the US, and now many (I mean many!) years later I rediscover my boyhood and family guns I grew up with. One of which turns out to be what appears to be an all original IP with all IP parts. Had not been removed from the gun safe for decades. Hate to do it, but I would like to see it go to a collector, since I'm more interested in hunting and actually using my guns now after all these years. Sorry if my introduction appears to be only wanting to sell my IP, maybe not the right protocol so forgive me, but that's what I'd like to do and I want it to go to someone who will cherish it and I figured this is the place to find such guys. Not sure what to do next....
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2017 at 10:37am
Welcome to the forum, Alan. I guarantee there will be someone on this site who will give your IP a good home. Irwin Pedersen carbines may be the cream of the crop as far as collectors go.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2017 at 11:42am
Hey Alan, welcome to the forum.  As Why Carbines? eluded to, you have an attention getter.  I would post a few simple pictures and that will most likely get the ball rolling.  You might want to consider filling out one of the carbine data sheets to document all the parts.  You can find those here on the forum in "The Club" section under "CCNLs Back Issues and Data Sheets and Indexes" topic.  There are plenty of knowledgeable members willing to help answer any questions.  I look forward to seeing it.
AlanIP View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2017 at 7:05pm
Well try as I may I can't seem to post pics, says they are too big. I know that there are some members on the site that have been passed lots of photos of the gun, maybe one can please post them for me?
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2017 at 5:28am
I'm not the expert on this but I will say some folks post to one of the photo web sites and share the link. I had the same issue and if I can manage it, anybody can.   If you want to try again here's what I did:

Checkout the tutorials under Discussion Forums in the subject Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions.  In there you’ll find two topics,  “Pictures Tips, Sizing and Posting. Avatars” and “Picture Editing on PC with Paint”. That’s how I worked my way through it. 

To simplify picture sizing, open the picture with PAINT.  Then under the Paint Home tab is Resize.  Click the Pixels and make sure Maintain Aspect Ratio is checked.  Then set horizontal to 720 and OK.  Once resized do a Save As of the picture to be uploaded.    New2brass is the author of these topics and he can most likely help you out if needed. 

Good luck

Scott C. View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2017 at 11:02am
AlanIP View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2017 at 7:11pm
Guys, it's sold. Many thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply