Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Bavarian Armory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Bavarian Armory
    Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 9:05pm
Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2018 at 8:17pm
I have two Bavarian carbines one Inland and one Underwood. I love the history these guns represent. I own another Inland as well. These are my favorite guns to shoot. I'm not very good with computers but will soon learn to post pictures so I can show the ones I have. Love to learn all the history of these fun guns. My first introduction to these historical weapons was watching Jimmy Stuart play Carbine Williams when I was a child.
Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2018 at 8:20pm
sorry for the typo. should be Jimmy Stewart
Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 6:38pm
This is the first carbine I purchased from the CMP, about ten years ago. When they had their last batch in the South Store. Does anyone know who may have made new barrels for these, this barrel has no markings or stamps. You can faintly see the circular turning marks and it guages 1 or less on the muzzle. This was given to the Forestry Division. This one is a 1943 underwood with a m2 stock

Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 6:44pm
I purchased this in 2016 when the CMP offered them for mail order purchase. This is also an Inland, the year is 1944. This was given to the Bavaria Prison Guard system.

Rick-1965 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick-1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 7:21pm

I got this one recently. It would seem to be one that was issued to the Wurttemberg Landspolizei
rustygun View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustygun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 7:34pm
I just found this WINCHESTER manufactured BAVARIA RURAL POLICE M1 Carbine.  There is no date on the barrel, but there is a crisp sharp Winchester "W" in the original bluing.  I have not taken it apart.

I am really interested in the odd stampings on the bottom of the trigger group.

The take-down screw on the bayonet lug looks pristine.

If only these old rifles could talk!
rustygun View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustygun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2021 at 8:47pm
Here are a few more of my Winchester find...

I'm thinking the sight hasn't been messed with.

I'm told to expect the same last four of the serial number to be on the trigger group as well.

Recoil Lug, Barrel Band/Bayonet Lug, and Front Sight seem to all have a different finish.  But the way they look so untouched, lead me to believe they are original and un-messed with.

Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2021 at 6:24pm
this is my Bavaria Border Police Inland 6mil. only 3 parts are not original: stock, handguard, and safety. I put the leather sling and rear sight protector on it myself. the stock is a M1 replacement marked IR and the handguard is a German made. it is also blued and has the plum color trigger housing.
JohnnyDollar View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyDollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2021 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Dirty30Carbine Dirty30Carbine wrote:

this is my Bavaria Border Police Inland 6mil. only 3 parts are not original: stock, handguard, and safety. I put the leather sling and rear sight protector on it myself. the stock is a M1 replacement marked IR and the handguard is a German made. it is also blued and has the plum color trigger housing.
That is a nice looking carbine.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2021 at 9:49am
Very nice!, Is the hand guard marked?
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2022 at 2:13pm
Sorry for the late reply, handguard is not marked at all. the only additional marked on the carbine is the last 4 S/N on the oprod and the trigger housing
john843 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2022 at 5:28pm
Justan, is that some type of rear sight protector or is that the sight itself? Look's normal in the middle but I've never seen that before.

Thanks,
John
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2022 at 5:32pm
it’s a a sight protector that was made by either Bavaria or Austria for the rear sight. From what I gather they are quite rare. It’s made of plastic and has two cross screws that clamp it together 
john843 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john843 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2022 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Dirty30Carbine Dirty30Carbine wrote:

it’s a a sight protector that was made by either Bavaria or Austria for the rear sight. From what I gather they are quite rare. It’s made of plastic and has two cross screws that clamp it together 

Interesting looking piece.

Thanks for the info.
John
 Post Reply Post Reply