Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting M1A1 stock on ebay.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting M1A1 stock on ebay.
    Posted: Feb 28 2017 at 2:56pm
It appears to be a hand carved/modified stock, with the cheekpiece removed, flipped and mounted backwards for a left handed shooter.  You can see where the bracket doesn't quite fit.  All the finish has been mostly scrubbed off the metal.  The fasteners don't look period but not sure.  Reworked to suit the owner much later than the 40's and far from original.  Seems to be gaining steam with a couple experienced bidders in there.  Opinions?

Not sure if it is appropriate to post the link so I didn't.  Here's a pic though.

Sledge View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2017 at 11:20pm
Saw another post with a link to another auction so I'll share the link.   Left hander mods on this stock.

Marty Black View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Editor in Chief Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2017 at 6:45pm
$776 ! ! ! ! ! Gag me with a spoon! I wouldn't have given $100 for it. (And I'm left-handed!)

Whatever floats your boat!

Peeeeeee youuuuuuuu

MB
Marty Black
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2017 at 8:01pm
A whittler has to have something to whittle on.
 Post Reply Post Reply