Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carbine Displays At Major Shows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbine Displays At Major Shows
    Posted: Feb 13 2017 at 9:51pm
Does anyone know when the last time an M1 Carbine display was undertaken at a major show, such as the NRA Annual Meetings?

I heard about a pretty good regional display once in Alabama, maybe 10 years ago, but I'm not aware of others. I'm curious whether the club has ever officially participated in a collector display.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2017 at 10:20am
Might be one at the OVMC/SOS in Louisville EOM
Glenn
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2017 at 12:32pm
Expenses would be great, but I think a centrally located major carbine show would be a great idea or a series every so often of regional shows.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2017 at 8:01pm
Agreed something central would be best. Centrally located? Tulsa maybe?

Regionally, the Dulles show might be a good place to meet for east coasters. Met a few members there not long ago.
Have heard all the stories about past meetings, but meeting and learning from collectors face-to-face is so much fun. Hope to do it again soon.

West coasters? Vegas?

I've only see pictures, but a vendor at the Timonium show north of Baltimore has a huge carbine display.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2017 at 9:11pm
Found it!  This was the display at a show in Timonium. Don't know the name of the vendor.

David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2017 at 11:53pm
m1a1fan,

Thanks for posting the photo. That's the kind of display I'm hoping to see sometime.

We had one AO/IBM Carbine in our display last year at the NRA Convention in Louisville. The display commemorated the 100th anniversary of Auto-Ordnance. I've been attending, and displaying at NRA since 2006 with The American Thompson Association, and during that time, I've never seen a display focusing on the M1 Carbine. Here is a photo of our display last year.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2017 at 7:28pm
Thanks for the pics.  A/O carbines are great. 

Hoping to see a carbine display myself.  NRA museum has an o.k. carbine display.  Would like to see the carbine display in Timonium one day.  Think the best one is in Cody.  That's the one I want to see.  It's got the good stuff (like in the header).
 Post Reply Post Reply