Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Group of late Winchester carbines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewScotlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Found an example in the COM of 355.  Thanks.

Just so you know. The COM in NL 355 is one of the carbines in the photos. It is the second from the right
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2017 at 3:33pm
I often wondered why my 7.2 WRA had such a different stock. Looks like they were more common than the exception.

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by NewScotlander NewScotlander wrote:

Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Found an example in the COM of 355.  Thanks.

Just so you know. The COM in NL 355 is one of the carbines in the photos. It is the second from the right

Nice! I find it interesting that the paint appears to be in different areas depending on the rear sight type. A small sample size but it was one of the first things that jumped out at me. One of them looks like it has paint at the base of the peep sight. I can imagine a collector not knowing the source of the paint and removing it.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2017 at 12:39pm
There seems to be no pattern to where the gray paint is applied too. Certainly, the workmanship would have been better than to have to have done this, but possibly that's what happened.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2017 at 9:03pm
Anybody with one know what kind of imperfections are hidden by the paint? Scratches?
Bad machining?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12