The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member from Fort Campbell, KY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaddeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member from Fort Campbell, KY
    Posted: Feb 04 2017 at 7:36pm
Good Evening,
I am new to the M1 Carbine field however I have been collecting WW2 era memorabilia for roughly 15 years now. I am looking forward to learning some new facts on these rifles and hope to learn a little more about my recent purchase.

-Thad
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2017 at 10:46pm
Thad,
welcome to the forums. you are in the right place for the carbine.
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2017 at 8:01am
Thaddeus,

Welcome to the Carbine Club board. I was at Ft. Campbell a few weeks ago, and my company is now hosting 5 soldier interns who are transitioning out of the military from Ft. Campbell through the "Hire our Heroes" program.

I'm glad to see you joined the board, and posted about your new Carbine. You will find the experts here. Just keep in mind, while there may be parts on your Carbine that are called out as potentially technically incorrect, the weapon should be observed as a whole, and any nuances may be a part of its military history through arsenal rework.

In any case, enjoy your new M1 Carbine. I would be happy to own it, and you should be proud to have it in your collection.

Good Luck!

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
Thaddeus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaddeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2017 at 8:13am
New2brass - Thanks for the comment mate!

David - It is good to hear about the 5 interns. We always appreciate your help with helping Soldiers transition to the civilian side. Often we are not provided enough opportunities to quickly transition to the outside. I do not plan on buying different parts for the rifle (other than a stock to go fire it). I will most likely buy another one later on that is more correct! I have a lot of learning to do in the meantime. Thanks again for the invite from the other Forum. I have had issues with that forum in the past and will probably end up deleting that account.

-Thad
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2017 at 8:35am
Thad,

We are happy to have the Ft. Campbell "cohorts" working with us as interns. We have hired 6 so far from previous classes during the past year. Our business is a good place for soldiers to transition, and it's certainly a "win - win" for both parties.

In regards to your forum comment, you will find some of the same folks from the USMilitaria forum here. I've never had issues there...It's another group of very knowledgable folks, and is normally very well moderated. I'd give it another chance, if you had a previous bad experience. As with any forum, there are a wide range of personalities.

You are very welcome for the invitation to this forum.

Enjoy!

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2017 at 10:20am
Thad, welcome to the forum!
Thaddeus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaddeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2017 at 12:33pm
Thanks M1a1 Fan!  I was looking at getting an M1A1 when I returned from Iraq but I figured I would let my bank account heal for a while at least! One is definitely on my list for the future!

-Thad
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2017 at 1:10pm
Thad, a smart move. Whether "regular" M1's or M1A1's, learning about them ahead of time helps makes for wiser decisions down the road. Lots of good M1A1 information can be found by clicking the header at the top of the page. Should you find something or have a question about paratroopers, please ask. They aren't easy to find, but they are out there. Cheers!

PS: Thank you for your service.
Thaddeus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaddeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2017 at 7:05pm
Thank you for your support!
wd4ngb View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wd4ngb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2017 at 7:03pm
Welcome to the group. I live in Clarksville also, and Retired Army. Was in the 101st 3 times, 2 at Campbell and 1 in Nam. Carried the Carbine in Korea and Nam, and is my favorite rifle. 

I will be going to Tennessee Gun Country to use there range in the next week or two. Be glad to meet you, and share a lane if you wish. 

Bruce 
wd4ngb at charter dot net

Retired Army, 22 years.
 Post Reply Post Reply