The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member from SE TN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiggly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member from SE TN
    Posted: Jan 28 2017 at 8:00am
Howdy Everyone! Looking forward to the vast information and learning curve.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2017 at 10:20am
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum. There are many places on the net to learn about carbines.

Here's the best place to start if you haven't seen it already:

http://uscarbinecal30.com
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2017 at 11:58am
Welcome to the forum from the Knoxville area. Also, if you're just starting, then take in not only this site, but the many others on the net. Google is your friend since you so many topics are already out there about the M1 carbine. Keep in mind there are no perfect sites, books or videos on the carbine, but trying to discover a consensus of information is part of the fun of collecting.
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2017 at 12:13pm
jiggly,

Welcome to the Carbine Club forum.

I work in TN (Mt. Juliet) during most weeks. Southeastern TN is beautiful, especially the Chattanooga area.

If you have any interest in M2 Carbines, may I also suggest that you check out Machinegunboards.com.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
jiggly View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiggly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2017 at 12:45pm
Thank you for the warm welcome! I've been reading alot, only really been into carbines about 2 years now. My only regret is I wish I started sooner
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2017 at 1:55pm
Welcome to the club jiggly. It's amazing how much information you can get by just  typing "M1 carbine" on the internet. I have filled a 3 ring note book with information down loaded and printed out. Stay in touch.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2017 at 9:15pm
Jiggly,

No regrets. I also just started relatively recently. Absorb as much as you can. Ask questions. There are members here and elsewhere that will help you if you are interested in something and not sure. Sometimes, asking someone a question leads to something nice for your collection. Lots to learn and lots to sift through.   In the pool of carbines for sale, there is way more chaff than wheat. Collecting is great, but learning is better. Most of all......enjoy!
 Post Reply Post Reply