Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correcting Webpage Information?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correcting Webpage Information?
    Posted: Jan 24 2017 at 1:52pm
I have discovered an erroneous piece of information on the web pages concerning the Iver Johnson 9MM carbine (wwwuscarbinecal30.com).

What is the proper vehicle for informing the keepers of those pages?
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2017 at 8:18pm
List page paragraph and info and I will see it's updated
Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2017 at 10:35pm
Hi

I'm the author of the web pages. While I do the best I can I'm human and often overwhelmed with information. Corrections are not only welcome but greatly appreciated.

I can be contacted directly by e-mail at Jim at USCarbineCal30.com or by a PM here. I don't monitor the forums due to the time it requires and the lack of time I have with everything I do. Posts on the forum that need my attention are usually forwarded to me by Lupus or another moderator.

Jim
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2017 at 7:20am
Thanks so much folks. I assure you the effort is not to complain or criticize. Obviously, the IJ 9MM is not that common and sort of an oddball, but I suppose it is part of the family as a commercial carbine and does have it's own page. The gun is NOT a blow-back and the piston is NOT pinned in place as portrayed.

I need to take a couple of photo's and offer-up a good explanation. I'll be sending a message later.

Thanks again!
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2017 at 12:43pm
E-Mail with picture also sent to Jim.
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2017 at 3:54pm
Hats off to the guys that run the web-pages. Just goes to prove the administrators want to publish the most correct and updated information on our toys as possible. The page concerning the Iver Johnson 9MM operating system has been updated.

There are a few other things I've found while playing with this gun, but like you say...with the M1 carbine, never say never and always is not always.

Anyone wishing to explore the small details and production changes associated with the Iver Johnson model JJ9MMHB....just give me a ring.

Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply