The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member from NE Ohio

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R6T8net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member from NE Ohio
    Posted: Dec 12 2016 at 9:34am
First of all, thank you for having me! My name is Tom Watkins, I reside in NE Ohio in the small village of Leetonia. Professionally I am a mechanical engineer and own my own CNC machine shop making precision parts for other companies but also make tooling to support USGI firearm collectors / gunsmiths. I'm a realative newcomer to this hobby and, like all my interest, I jumped in with both feet. Along with USGI firearm collecting (small but growing collection) I am a living historian with the 29th INF LHG, I actively jump out of C-47 aircraft with the WWII Airborne Demonstration Team and tinker with WWII vehcles (I have a 1941 Dodge WC-3 weapons carrier I just restored). To say I'm passionate about the hobby (my wife says obsessed) is probably an understatement.

My current carbine collection consists of a really nice and mostly correct Underwood. I'm in the process of acquiring a 2nd run M1A1that looks to be the real deal; the acquisition is very exciting but scares the heck out of me at the same time. As soon as I figure out posting photos I'll do so with the hopes the experts here might help guide me.

That's all for now. Thanks again for having me.
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2016 at 11:45am
You are more than welcome.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

R6T8net View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R6T8net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2016 at 11:55am
Good morning Charlie.
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2016 at 12:32pm
Welcome to our forum!

tutorials can be found in top section, the same section you posted in

tips for posting pics below

Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
R6T8net View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R6T8net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2016 at 5:13pm
The issue I'm having is with resizing on my iPad/Mac; miss my PC.
SeoulFood View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeoulFood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2016 at 5:56pm

Welcome, I'm from Ohio myself (Dayton area), but currently overseas. Anyway, I think you'll fit in here!

Also, I may just happen to be in the market for some gun parts for some projects if you ever want to make a buck... Smile
allend View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 5:41pm
welcome to the club. I live in the small town of Damascus just 20 minutes away. This is a well run site. I enjoy the researching this site. There is a lot here to learn about
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 9:35pm
Tom, welcome from Texas!
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2017 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by R6T8net R6T8net wrote:

The issue I'm having is with resizing on my iPad/Mac; miss my PC.

Welcome to the board, R6T8net,

For this website, on my Mac I use iResize for photos to allow them to be uploaded. When I need a full strength image, I upload it to my server, and use the photo link feature.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
R6T8net View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R6T8net Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2017 at 8:45am
allend, so I see you are a base player.  When I'm not playing with the Carbine, I play guitar and sing in a local band.
allend View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2017 at 5:27pm
I only have 1 carbine receiver is SAGINAW. Thats the only SAGINAW part on the rifle. Rest is inland with winchester barrel.  My youngest boy is 24 and he was not born when I last   shot it. The base guitar no clue where it came from. I gave up on guitars  45 years ago. I use to  go to guilford the casuway. 
May want to shoot it again. 

BEBIII View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2017 at 5:09pm
Welcome!! I'm a relatively new member as well. Good luck with the M1A1. I got some great advice from the guys here concerning cracks on my M1A1 stock. It's currently out for repairs and I'll post pictures of the fix when I get it back in a couple weeks. 
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2017 at 3:41am
Welcome and greetings from Holland.
Nice that you jump from a C-47
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
 Post Reply Post Reply