Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1.89 Quality HMC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSpecial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.89 Quality HMC
    Posted: Nov 29 2016 at 11:09am
I picked up a Quality Hardware M1 Carbine in 2014. It is a 1.89 serial number. It has a Buffalo Arms barrel dated 8-43. Looks like it has never been through a rearsenal since there is no evidence that I can see of a Type III barrel band or stake marks on the rear sight. These are old pictures from when I first got it and they aren't the best pictures. I've recently submitted a data sheet on it.

I added the sling and the mag pouch. It came with a Quality mag as well.

Stock: Highwood stock, looked like it was once varnished. Q-RMC, weak Cross Cannon’s on left side
Hand guard: RMC
Type I Flip sight marked S
Front sight: Marked UQ
Barrel band: Type I UI
Hammer: LT-Q (Dog Leg)
Sear: GE-Q
Trigger: LT-Q
Trigger housing: Q-NL
Mag release: LT-Q
Slide: DA-Q
Flat blue bolt: EM-Q
Extractor: IQ
Firing pin: N-Q
Recoil plate: RO-Q,

-Neil
RedSpecial View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSpecial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2016 at 11:20am

-Neil
imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2016 at 8:56pm
Neil, This is a Real Nice Carbine. The Wood looks like it was refinished, but that's fine that's how it came. How does it Shoot ? If your Looking for a Prestine Mag for it let me know. I have some Sweet Looking J.L. Clark Mags for QHMC with the Intertwined JLC then a Q I can send you one if you like.The C with the T makes it look like JLC
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2016 at 9:07pm
Nice looking carbine.  Is the hammer in the white or blued but mostly worn away?
imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2016 at 9:19pm
Neil, If you like a QHMC Mag for it let me know if you want one Still in the Wrap or the one I just Showed. The Marking looks that way cause I Highly Magnified it. The one pictured looks like it's raised instead of the way there all marked.   
Frank

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSpecial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2016 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

Nice looking carbine.  Is the hammer in the white or blued but mostly worn away?

I don't know... at first I assumed it was parked, and then when I compared it to pictures on the 'parts' break down on the main page, I start r thinking it was in the white. I'm comparing it to the hammer plunger on this page:

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/triggergroup2.html
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2016 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by RedSpecial RedSpecial wrote:

Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

I don't know... at first I assumed it was parked, and then when I compared it to pictures on the 'parts' break down on the main page, I start r thinking it was in the white. I'm comparing it to the hammer plunger on this page:

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/triggergroup2.html

Red:

CCNL 247 COM is a 1.896 QH close to yours.  Haven't reviewed it all, but what I see matches up pretty well.  It lists and in the white hammer and a BA barrel.  Just a guess, but your barrel looks like a BA barrel.  Hard to miss the tell tale marks.  Probably some combination of 8 or 9 for month and 43 or 1943 for year.  Can't remember but think there is a thread around here asking about the additional unique marks on BA barrels.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSpecial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2016 at 4:41pm
Yes sir, buffalo arms 8-43 barrel.
-Neil
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2016 at 5:30pm
I may be in the minority, but I really enjoy BA barrels.  Have run into a few so far, but yours is the first I've seen in a QH.  Nice to see someone else who has one.  Gotta love the gov't free issue barrel program.

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSpecial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 2:09pm
I forgot the accuracy question, I've really only shot it at indoor ranges at 25 yards and it did ok. Trigger pull is horrendous on it
-Neil
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 3:13pm
A tough choice when the trigger pull sucks.  Leave it alone or change something.  Could change out parts to improve then put original ones back when necessary.  Have done that with stocks in the past but decided to just buy a complete mixmaster on the cheap.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSpecial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 3:23pm
Yeah, I leave it alone. I have some that are mix masters and better shooters, those are my go to's when shooting carbines. I take the fancy ones out every now and then but for the most part they stay locked up in their dungeon.
-Neil
 Post Reply Post Reply