The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Show Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dulles Gun Show Report (November 18-19-20th 2016)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dulles Gun Show Report (November 18-19-20th 2016)
    Posted: Nov 21 2016 at 9:25am
A super enjoyable day was spent at the Dulles Gun Show with two other Carbine Club members, Dave who I'd met twice before and Ted and his dad for the first time. We were like cats about to catch a mouse but nothing was bought. Met an M1 Garand guy who took an interest in Ted's M1A1 and an M1 that he brought along. A good time was had by all. Looking forward to next year and any chance to meet again in the meantime to talk M1 Carbines.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2016 at 9:03pm
As mentioned by Charles above, I attended the Dulles show for the first time with my dad and was able to finally meet two club members, also a first.  1,300 tables.  Walked the whole show on Friday only stopping when I saw wood.  There were a lot of carbines at the show.  Mostly mixmasters.  Prices started over 1k.  There was one vendor offering mixers in the $700-$850 range.  He knew my dad, go figure!  Also saw humped parts both installed and loose.  Was relived to find two vendors selling GI parts, one of which I had seen further south.

By Saturday, my dad was tuckered out, but I met up with David and Charles.  Had a blast critiquing carbines at the show with them.  A great learning experience for all.  Seemed like everything relatively nice at the show had something wrong with it.  We hit the highlights and examined a few of them.  Afterwards, we found a table to talk shop.  I brought a few things with me and we proceeded to check them out including taking one of them, a thought to be original 1.4 UW apart for further inspection.  We even had a Garand collector stop by to chat.  Not long after, a man walked past with a carbine in tow.  The rule is, if you see an individual with a carbine at a show, chase them down and find out what they have.  We packed up and did just that.  He had just purchased one of the carbines we thought had issues.  Conversations included discussing whether to shoot a collector's grade carbine or not.  Had planned to take a para apart but ran out of time.  Poor planning on my part.  Maybe next time.  I hope others can join us at the next show.  I was disappointed there wasn't anything worth buying, but meeting other members was the best part of the show.  There are many other members I'd like to meet.  All I can do is hope someday I get the chance to meet them.  The next Dulles show is December 30, 31 & January 1, 2017.  Also, thinking of hitting Tulsa in April.  If anyone has show reports, please post them.  Thanks to David and Charles who protected what I brought to the show while I jabbered on like a monkey in a tree.

BTW, also visited the NRA museum which was absolutely fantastic.  Think it need a few more carbines though.  An M1A1 in a battle setting sitting way back against a wall.  The horror.
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2017 at 8:05pm
A new Carbine collector here, Michael aka Ghostman, is my name and I live in Stafford, VA. Would like to go with you fellow members next time! Sounds like an enjoyable time!
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2017 at 8:16pm
Michael, they just had one but I was unable to attend.  Next one is in June on the 9th, 10th and 11th. Would love to meet more members at the show.  Dave, Charles, my dad and I had a great time, I only wish we could have met earlier.

I'm in!
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2017 at 7:11pm
4 more days to go......Should be fun and lots to see for those willing to make the trip. Never know what a vendor or attendee might have for impection or sale.
 Post Reply Post Reply