Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Fun Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Original or Not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Original or Not?
    Posted: Oct 29 2016 at 9:01pm
Let's play a game.  Remember there are no wrong answers.  The purpose of this is to learn and exchange ideas.  More pics will be provided but I will say the serial number of this rifle is an early-ish 1st block.

Is this original?  If so, why?  If not, why?

tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2016 at 9:27pm
Not an answer to your question. But I jJust saw that it sold for 3100.
gene of oregon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2016 at 11:10pm
I'll say no   Stock is type V low-wood pot-belly, hand guard type III, and sling is a D tip. That's all I can tell with these pic's
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
Scott C. View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2016 at 12:15am
My guess is no, it is not.  I would expect to see a high wood stock on "an early-ish 1st block".
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2016 at 2:47am
Well done everyone. This rifle is an Irwin Pedersen, it did sell for $3,100 and it is not original. Here are the rest of the pictures including the serial number. Anything else stand out as not original? Does anything stand out as "correct" for this serial number and manufacturer? If so, what?

Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2016 at 1:55pm
The only other thing I see would be the trigger doesn't have the unique notch that IP and S'G' have
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2016 at 2:08pm
took another look, that barrel looks a little to blue
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2016 at 6:38am
Gene,

I tihnk i see the notch but hard to tell much details in pics. Barrel does look a little too dark to me and receiver looks a little to grey. Again hard to tell from pics. Think i see an m2 cut on stock. As mentioned, sling is wromg and additional picture show a 1950's marking on it.

BTW. This IP was listed as an Italian return. If true, would expect a fat stamp somewhere.
kar6666 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kar6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2016 at 1:42pm
The barrel looks way to nice to go with the well worn receiver. Wouldn't bet the barrel hasn't been restamped. My eyes aren't good enough tell any more from the photos that are shown.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2016 at 7:39pm
Pretty sure IP's left the factory without a giant number stamped on the stock...lol...The barrel could be original to the receiver, just not in original condition. The pics are pretty bad, and it almost looks like the finish on the receiver and barrel should be reversed. 3+k is a crazy price. Only way I could see someone paying that much s if they don't know or have "plans" for it, if you know what I mean.

Have seen worse recently though.
 Post Reply Post Reply