Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Newsworthy Items
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FEATURED CARBINE: Irwin Pedersen 1775265

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2016 at 3:31am
IIRC I think your IP had an unmarked buttplate just like the one described above. Have seen a few of those including yours.
Isonu7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isonu7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2022 at 11:37am
Sorry to resurrect such an old topic. But I’m curious what is the substance in and around the front sight pin hole on the number 7 marked side?

I have an IP with a similar looking substance (red) around the front sight pin. 

Edited by New2brass - Feb 27 2022 at 3:41pm
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2022 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Isonu7 Isonu7 wrote:

Sorry to resurrect such an old topic. But I’m curious what is the substance in and around the front sight pin hole on the number 7 marked side?

I have an IP with a similar looking substance (red) around the front sight pin. 

I believe it is just crud.

Ch-P777
Living Free because of those that serve.....
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2022 at 11:50am
what happened to the picture?
Isonu7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isonu7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2022 at 9:51pm
I cant host pictures. Its not crude. I have one just like it. Just looking to find out why they did it at the factory.
Isonu7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isonu7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2022 at 12:50pm
Below is a link of the photo from this topic.

Below is a link of the photo of my carbine. They are very similar. 

Edited by New2brass - Feb 27 2022 at 3:42pm
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2022 at 1:07pm
Added your picture to your post. Yours almost looks like it may be something like red permatex. Is it on both sides? Not sure that it would have been something done intentionally at the factory. Does your sight have a number stamped on the left side?
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Isonu7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isonu7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2022 at 1:28pm
No number on the sight. Top is marked IPN. Red permatex like substance, yup. But its very old, dried, and cracked. Whoever and however it got there, it was accidentally dripped down the side of the stock and was initially wiped. But there is a very old residue still there. With this carbine having the same type stuff on the pin makes me believe it may be something they did when IP went into SG hands?
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2022 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Isonu7 Isonu7 wrote:

I cant host pictures. Its not crude. I have one just like it. Just looking to find out why they did it at the factory.

No need to host pictures elsewhere, you have storage for posting pictures on this forum

as to re posting another picture from these forums, right click on the picture and "copy".
when making your post right click in the message box and "paste" the picture.

On the note of your IP, are there any markings inside the stock?

Isonu7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isonu7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2022 at 10:14am
Ink stamped 11713 inside. 1.78 serial number. 11-42 barrel. All original mint carbine.

Isonu7 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isonu7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2022 at 5:58pm
Have these ink stamps been deciphered?

Ink number 11713 = 117th stock in the first quarter of 1943?

Something like that?

Edited by W5USMC - Mar 03 2022 at 7:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12