The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Data Sheets, Newsletter Back Issues, Indexes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carbine Club Data Sheets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
moneawon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote moneawon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbine Club Data Sheets
    Posted: Nov 22 2015 at 10:32am
Click Links

Carbine Club Data Sheet has page two for additional info

Fill-able Datasheet. Front page only. Download, fill out and print, or save with a different name and then submit electronically

How to fill out a data sheet.

How to Videos with disassembly of components

*previous* videos on how to fill out a data sheet.

Data Sheets can be filled out for any carbine. Yours, friends, or even something you see at an Auction or shop (ask permission)
If it is online then it is fair game.

If you see something that truly looks original or interesting then we would like to hear about it.

Email completed data sheets to DataSheet@UScarbineCal30.com

Data Sheets can also be submitted by posting below in JPG or PDF formats. It will not be displayed. A scan at 300 dpi should be more than sufficient. If possible name the file the serial number. If more then one page and a letter a, b, c etc. This helps to organize. If a lineout or presentation, you can add that to the file name.

Datasheets help research. When Possible please submit the full serial number, this will not be shared. If using an x to replace number please use lower case as an X was sometimes used at the end of a serial number.
Do not leave serial blocks empty. This helps not confuse a partial serial number with an Inland serial number.

The back is a good place to list observations and if thought to be original. When possible include contact info in case there is a question or something uncertain.

Email completed data sheets to DataSheet@UScarbineCal30.com

If you prefer to send via USPS please contact me via PM or email

Edited by New2brass - Oct 10 2023 at 10:10am
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2020 at 12:09pm
Member Norwich93 took some time to make some videos on how to fill out a data sheet and points out some of the parts differences on actual parts.

rtexpress View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2020 at 9:21pm
Here is the data sheet for my Carbine 3397726 tried the email but got kicked back by the spam filter...
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2020 at 9:27am
BuyAmer1can View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuyAmer1can Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2022 at 8:18am
Thanks.  I'll start on the data sheet and photos soon.
Nothing from China
Timothy View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2022 at 12:24pm
My 10-day CA waiting period is ending soon; figured a good way to get acquainted with my first carbine would be to take it apart and fill out a data sheet. Two questions:
1. Does it matter to the reviewers if the previous owner had submitted one already? I dont know if they did (name removed from the CMP certificate) but if there was a way to know this I would just go through the drill the best I can for my education and not submit.
2. In watching the videos, it appears that some subassemblies need to be disassembled to completely fill out the section, e.g., the bolt. Not sure if my skill level to do so is up to the work, and I dont have the tool. With plans to own just this one, not sure if I want to put out for specialized tools. Bottom line point to this question - is a partially-filled out form of use to the reviewers

This is a standard products with Austria/Tirol gendarmerie markings.

T R
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2022 at 1:31pm
Yes, filling out a DS is a great way to educate yourself on your carbine. Please do submit the data sheets and mark somewhere that it has Austria/Tirol Gendarmerie markings as it will also go to the author of those pages.
The back of the sheet is not mandatory. It was added as members like to have a listing for referance as to how each item is finished
Please list the numbers or markings and what parts have them.

Do not take the bolt apart without a bolt tool! You can tell what type of firing pin it has by looking at the back of the bolt.
Anything else left out we can always reach out if the missing information is needed or if any clarification is needed.
Timothy View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2022 at 1:44pm
Thanks for the encouragement. Will dive into this project next week.
Tim
T R
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2022 at 10:00am
ok I’m good with Tech, But I cannot fill out the data sheet on my phone? Do I just need to be on my computer? I am using apple OS 
Timothy View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2022 at 10:38am
I did it old school. Printed out a blank form, filled out the two pages, scanned and emailed.
I’m sure I could have entered the data directly on an iPad or my Mac, but that would have been a lot of pinching and swiping around on an iPhone, IMHO.
T R
Oldboy53 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldboy53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2022 at 1:56pm
Speaking of data sheets, I sent one in last June or July. Haven't heard if anyone received it, is that normal? Thanks, Lou.
GSMC(SW),USN
2/77-11/89
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2022 at 8:14pm
@ Timothy, I do not think I could see a DS on a phone. let alone fill it out.
Most print and fill out then scan and send. This leaves you with a copy for your records.
There is a fillable datasheet, but if you download it to fill out and do not have Adobe it may not work.

I checked the email and the only thing I got was your Bavarian request, which I believe Jim has already replied. No datasheet. Where did you send it?

@Oldboy, I see there was a response sent to you. It may have gone to your spam box?
I will forward the sent email that was copied to me.

Oldboy53 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldboy53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2022 at 9:52pm
Got your email Dan, thanks!
GSMC(SW),USN
2/77-11/89
Timothy View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timothy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2022 at 12:06pm
New2Brass…I did receive a DS acknowledgement from moneawon on 11 March via email, so no worries from my end (I think you mixed me up with Oldboy, above). To answer the question, it was sent to DataSheet@uscarbinecal30.com on 9 March.
Best,
Tim
T R
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2022 at 7:33pm
Timothy, I had thought you were saying you mailed it in on the date of your post of March 31. I found it.

Best, Dan
Dan Pinto View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Pinto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2022 at 10:54am
Fill-able DS link updated
 Post Reply Post Reply