Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trigger Housing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808dhy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trigger Housing
    Posted: Sep 01 2016 at 4:04am
Can anyone tell me if this is a genuine USGI trigger housing?  It was represented to me as an Underwood but has no markings and the mounting tab looks strange with a "V" cut.  I've never seen one like this.  Reproduction?

Live Wrong and Perspire
808dhy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808dhy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2016 at 4:12am
Sorry, I tried to upload several photos of the housing and only one showed.  I can't seem to upload any more photos.  I'll try to figure it out and post
Live Wrong and Perspire
808dhy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808dhy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2016 at 4:14am
This is getting worse.  Deleted the photo and now no photos will upload!

Live Wrong and Perspire
808dhy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808dhy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2016 at 4:18am
OK here we go!
Live Wrong and Perspire
808dhy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808dhy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2016 at 4:19am
There are no manufacturers markings on it
Live Wrong and Perspire
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2016 at 7:37am
look in the magwell, if Underwood you will see .U. on the wall. That is a type 4 stamped housing.
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2016 at 9:21am
Acording M1 Carbine 2nd ed. it could be a Roch-ola, Inland, Q.H, IBM, or STD, fabricated.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

808dhy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808dhy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2016 at 6:26pm
Thanks for the replies.  No markings seen in magwell or exterior.  I had never seen a "v" cut in the rear mounting lug before
Live Wrong and Perspire
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2016 at 11:27pm
Its not a V cut but more of a V form. It was made of several layers formed and then brazed together.

Odd that you cannot find markings. Take some closeups of rear right side and back wall inside wall of mag well.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2016 at 12:57am
Back wall of a Underwood type 4 brazed trigger housing

Also it looks like there is a mark on trigger guard. Underwoods typically have a small ordnance bomb.
808dhy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808dhy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2016 at 1:26am
Thanks to all for the replies.  I found a very faint ".U." marking in the magazine well.  I had to use a really bright light and magnifying light to see it.  I guess it as an Underwood after all.
Live Wrong and Perspire
 Post Reply Post Reply