Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

magazines holding 30 rounds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: magazines holding 30 rounds
    Posted: Aug 28 2016 at 11:40am
looking to purchase magazine for my m1 carbine 30 caliber holding 30 rnds
vinny
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2016 at 1:41pm
If you're just looking for shooter magazines, here you go...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1506135205/promag-magazine-m1-carbine-30-carbine-steel-blue

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
SeoulFood View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeoulFood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2016 at 6:32pm
Brand new "Korean" 30 round magazine:

http://gunmagwarehouse.com/korean-m1-carbine-30-carbine-30-round-bho-magazine.html
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2016 at 7:05pm
Check "Cheaper Than Dirt"
Charlie
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

bonnie View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2016 at 12:44pm
I will second the Korean 30 round magazines. Mine are marked "UU". Work well.

Aim Surplus has these at $12.95 each.

Does your gun have the "M2" type magazine catch used with 30 round magazines?
RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2017 at 12:13pm
This is an older tread but I'll post anyway.

Fulton Armory has South Korean 30 round mags, these are currently the best 30 rounds available, I wouldn't buy any Pro-mags if I were you, they have problems they need to resolve.

Fulton also has USGI 15 round mags, I have bought both and they work great. The GI mags I bought they said has some rust, after I removed the original wrapping I didn't find any rust, they were like new.
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2017 at 1:24pm
even though it's an old thread, Ammo Garand has GI hardbacks, made Seymour Products, marked SEY, NOS in wrap for $114.95.

Amherst Depot has the same hardbacks for $95 & Korean 30 rnd mags for $20

Michael
Retired Army 1987-2008
4th ID Mech, 11th ACR, 25th ID light, 82nd Abn, 101st Abn/AAsslt, 160th SOAR
Helicopter Dr.
VCDL member
NRA Life Member
Weapons & History Enthusiast

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Ghostman Ghostman wrote:

even though it's an old thread, Ammo Garand has GI hardbacks, made Seymour Products, marked SEY, NOS in wrap for $114.95.

Hmm, hard to say for sure but from the pictures it appears it is missing one USGI trait. Another might be a commercial trait.

If in fact USGI I would think the original wrap would have markings.

They may very well be functional magazines but the price sounds "collector" and not shooter to me.

USGI SEY 30 rounders have been observed in different configuration for the hard back and split back.
Both have been commercially reproduced.
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2017 at 3:38pm
So, the wax paper is indicative of commercially reproduced items or produced for the commercial consumer and not the US Gov't?
I'll just playing devil's advocate for a moment.

Could they have come in a box or case of 10 ea or 100 ea as replacement mags? I don't know if they came packaged like that.
Michael
Retired Army 1987-2008
4th ID Mech, 11th ACR, 25th ID light, 82nd Abn, 101st Abn/AAsslt, 160th SOAR
Helicopter Dr.
VCDL member
NRA Life Member
Weapons & History Enthusiast

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2017 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Ghostman Ghostman wrote:

So, the wax paper is indicative of commercially reproduced items or produced for the commercial consumer and not the US Gov't?

I did not say that the wax paper is indicative of commercial parts.

Parts have been repackaged and I am sure many have seen magazines in wax paper and the magazine sometimes heavily smeared with cosmoline which are quite a pain to cleanup.

I have seen many parts including magazines that were in original wrap with the SNL number that was used in that time period.
Later may parts were rewrapped and have the 11 digit FSN number on them.
Heck, there may even be parts out there repackaged with the current NSN number system

The ad states in original 1945 wrap. They may very well be wrapped from a case to which I cannot prove or disprove. I do know during carbine production the governments was quite on top of all parts being marked for accountability. This is why we find carbines so intriguing.

The pictures make it hard to determine if a USGI hallmark is present, that another hallmark of commercial mags may be present and that the description of the wrap might not be factual.

I cannot say for sure that this magazine is USGI nor can I state it is in fact a commercial copy.
I can say that reproduction SEY 30 round mags were on the market.

Playing "My Good Conscience" says buyer beware. Or at least be well informed.

If anyone wants to spend the money and take better pictures we can certainly try to establish the origin of the magazine. The wrap is still open for discussion as to being original 1945

The information was published on how to tell USGI from commercial back in I believe 2007. With that better reproductions started appearing.

tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2017 at 6:49pm
True. I've got some NOS GI hardbacks that are in brown paper and oiled. It wouldn't take $95 to get them from me.
Doug Bathurst View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Bathurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2017 at 10:51am
What would you want for 2/3?
RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2018 at 8:53pm
Don't think of waxed paper in the conventional store bought sense, USGI mags where wrapped in heavy brown paper and both the magazine and paper where smeared in cosemoline. Some sellers would peal the paper back just to find the stamping and no more, this helps them to prove it is authentic, and they'd get more for the right ones. But you get the mess of cleaning them up, this also goes with buying any new NOS USGI parts.
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
 Post Reply Post Reply