The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fulton Carbines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wd4ngb View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wd4ngb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2016 at 8:01pm
Back to Fulton, I looked at there web sight for parts, and didnt see any complete bolts, and stuff like that, only a few little parts and some accessories. 
Retired Army, 22 years.
Captain O View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2016 at 9:12pm
James River Armory has parts (complete bolts and other parts available). Look them up. 
"Political correctness is fascism disguised as manners." - George Carlin

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final." - Wyatt Earp

JamesG View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2016 at 2:13pm
I have had a M1 carbine from Fulton Armory for some years now; going back to when they used military receivers. Mine was built on an Underwood receiver and included; the bayonet lug, all new GI surplus working parts, a new commercial barrel, a new commercial type III low wood style American walnut stock, and the M2 carbine magazine catch I ordered. I have been more than pleased with the carbine.

As a side comment, I recently saw on another forum where someone had found a great M1 carbine stock, but could not identify the cartouche. It was; top line F.A., and second line CMcK.  I'm sure many of you know this is the Fulton Armory's cartouche; Fulton Armory, Clint McKee Boyd stamps on the stocks they build for F.A.  Looks like someone replaced the F.A. stock with something else on their carbine.

Wrdsmth View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrdsmth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2016 at 5:26pm
Sorry - double post!
Writer, Hot Rodder, Racer, Life Enthusiast
Wrdsmth View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrdsmth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2016 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by wd4ngb wd4ngb wrote:

Back to Fulton, I looked at there web sight for parts, and didnt see any complete bolts, and stuff like that, only a few little parts and some accessories. 

They have a parts page that looks pretty complete to me:

http://www.fulton-armory.com/M1-Carbine-Parts.aspx

What is it you're looking for that they don't offer?
Writer, Hot Rodder, Racer, Life Enthusiast
RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2017 at 10:02am
From what I've read and seen the Fulton is the cream of crop for commercial carbines, the only question I have, are the critical parts hardened properly, this was a major problem in other commercial carbines?

As for ammo, and to have some fun, buy some of the new Buffalo Bore rounds, they are a little expensive but worth it, you'll see what I mean when you fire one in the recoil. They have a higher muzzle velocity and muzzle energy than stand rounds, higher than original GI spec. The higher muzzle energy improvement makes the carbine legal for hunting bigger game in some states. You can get them in 4 configurations including ball, soft point and hollow point.

Here is the link, because these are new, I think you can only buy these on line here.

www.buffalobore.com/
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12