Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Carbine collection so far

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2016 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by weimar_police weimar_police wrote:

How hard is it to pick up carbines in Luxembourg? I was stationed in the Netherlands for 7 yrs and once supported a 2 week long army mission in the CEC site that used to be there (1990's) While there, I did not get into collecting until after I left the army.

Ed  

It is not overly difficult. There are quite some carbines around you just need to find the good ones. We have a lot of M1Carbine competitions in Luxembourg and theerfore most of the carbines that you find in the shops are shooters rather than collectibles. But from time to time collectors are selling parts of their collections or family members who inherited weapons are trying to get rid of them due to the lack of interest and then you find some really nice stuff. In addition there were still carbines coming from armed forces depots, mainly from Italy, but it is getting less now.

Luxembourg authorities are quite ok when you register your weapons, it takes some time but it works.
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2016 at 5:24pm
Your collection looks great.  Do you display them in home for your own viewing pleasure or am I the only one that likes to do this?
robro59 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robro59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2016 at 10:02am
Sweet collection!
Dodge79 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodge79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2016 at 4:51pm
I have been collecting Winchester lever guns for several years now but just recently a good friend of mine gave me his carbine. He no longer shoots his guns. I know exactly nothing about the carbines. This one has underwood 1943 on the barrel. I took it to my gunsmith as I do with all my guns unless they are fairly new. He said it fired auto for two rounds and then it would eject, load a round but it would not cock the hammer.   I would guess I have a sear problem but he is going to look into that. Of course I have no idea when the gun was last cleaned or shot but I can see it really has a nice bore.
If in fact I need parts could you give me a name of a good parts supplier? The serial number is 2363xxx.
Jerry D Thomas
robro59 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robro59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2016 at 5:39pm
I have some parts. Let me know what u need.
Robert
Dodge79 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodge79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2016 at 8:30pm
OK, I will let you know when I hear back from my gunsmith
Jerry D Thomas
Captain O View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2016 at 11:16pm
Very nice! What fun you must have.
"Political correctness is fascism disguised as manners." - George Carlin

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final." - Wyatt Earp

Dodge79 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodge79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2016 at 10:25am
Robo 59 I need a receiver
Jerry D Thomas
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2016 at 12:25pm
Jerry, whats wrong with receiver?
Dodge79 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dodge79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2016 at 3:59pm
For one thing it had been welded and a poor job at that. I appears they were trying to make it a full auto and did not know what they were doing. Head space was way off. The top rear inside of the of the receiver was badly damaged. The bolt that was in the gun has little wear at all so the smith guessed it had been replaced. If you pulled the bolt back real slow you could feel it hang up just before it cocked the hammer. It appeared who ever remove the receiver did not have the proper tools but the barrel was not damaged
Jerry D Thomas
robro59 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robro59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2016 at 12:48pm
Dont have a receiver.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12