The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trying to post pic. No luck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trying to post pic. No luck
    Posted: Jun 08 2016 at 6:07pm
I've read the tutorial but can't get them sized right.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2016 at 6:23pm
Based on the URL tag, it looks like your picture is to small. Try resizing it. I see the image you uploaded specifies a small size.   I tried removing it and the image is still small. Therefore, I suspect the image is too small.
cameleon View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2016 at 6:35pm
When I first tried to post a pic a box came up stating it was too big. I tried r/click and edit then attributes as someone stated. I can get info on the pic but don't know what values to enter. At 69 I'm very primitive with computers.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2016 at 7:13pm
No worries, we will try and figure out how to fix it.  I'm unable to edit picture sizes, so I resize them with a picture editing software, then upload them to a picture library.

A picture size of 400*400 works for me.  Looks like the picture size specified is to small.  When you resize, try using something like 400*400 (length * width) making sure to keep both numbers under 400.
cameleon View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2016 at 9:00pm
Lets see if this works. I put in 399l 339w.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2016 at 9:10pm
you have two pictures in your folder. if you sized it before uploading and it is two small it cannot be reasonably enlarged. You can however upload a picture then size it down using the picture editor.
I would suggest sizing by the guidelines set in picture tutorial. this saves space on our server and space is limited individually.

here is the other picture in your folder (to see if it posts correctly)
cameleon View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2016 at 2:13pm
When I get into my documents and then pictures these are the specs: 3264x2448 134kb. Do not know what that means or how to change it to a correct value for this site. I am on some other forums and I just click "manage attachments" , browse, click on the pics and upload. There is no additional steps. No problem with you guys it's just my ignorance.
weimar_police View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weimar_police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2016 at 9:22pm
What I usually do is take one picture and 'resize' (same as editing) but re-name it each time, so I have 4 or 5 assorted sizes and then see how they look on the page...
Edward Tinker
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I / Vol II and Vol III
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
cameleon View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cameleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2016 at 9:25pm
See my post in commercial carbines. Was able to copy and paste pics from another forum.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2016 at 9:50pm
For those with PC's and Microsoft Office Picture Manager
Open Picture Manager and edit picture
Choose Picture menu
Choose Resize
Choose Percentage of original width x height and adjust number down from 100% until the size is around 400x400.
Save Picture and Upload to site
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 6:10pm
The old tutorial somehow disappeared. Here is a new one to help PC people.

Working on a Mac/Apple version unless we have a Apple Guru to do the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image