The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Union Switch & Signal NPM (Arlington Ord Import)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EWRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Union Switch & Signal NPM (Arlington Ord Import)
    Posted: Jun 04 2016 at 6:21pm
One of the few Arlington Ord imports I've hung on to so far.  I was purchasing most of them from either B&B or B&E gun shops in SoCal in the early '90's.  They were $129, no lie.  Maybe even less.   And if that's not wild enough, I bought two IP imports from a B&B table at a Gun Show at Angel Stadium for the same $129 price.  Both were marked "Inland".  I suppose whomever cataloged them, looking at the obscured print under the rear sight, assumed they were both Inland.  And the real kicker was that one of the two actually escaped the import stamp entirely!  But I stray, here's the NPM.  Yes, I upgraded the stock...and internals.

EWRich View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EWRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2016 at 6:26pm
It's a 4.356 mil
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2016 at 8:16pm
Nice looking rifle. Although I am not a fan of imports the Arlington stamps are usually tastefully done and lightly struck. Not usually refinished either. My only import has such a stamp and you would need to look hard to find it.
Very good fortune with the IPs. I love stories like that, wish i would have started my collection back then instead of stopping at one!
 Post Reply Post Reply