Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ghostmann's 1st Carbine Inland 1-45

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2017 at 9:57pm
Michael, missed your post. I do know TM 9-1276 covers areas that were allowed to be patched and shows dovetail type repairs. I have to check what mentions the appoved dowel type repair
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2017 at 11:15am
Thanks New2Brass! I'll keep a lookout for your post!
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2017 at 8:39pm
Congrats on your first carbine! Next step, send some brass down range! Let us know how it shoots.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2017 at 10:45am
Still looking for the dowel repair,
Tm 9-1276 and TM 9-1005-210-35 and all of its revisions show the same dovetail wood repairs as well as using a dowel to repair the buttplate screw area. They also mention the use of putty to repair dings and gouges. I think this was questioned in another post.

The TM repairs are just that, after the fact repairs. What I am trying to do if find is find what I believe was what the factory was allowed to do to get a useable at a critical time.

CCNL 324 shows a Milton Bradley stock with a dowel repair believed to be from factory.
CCNL 289 shows a slot of wood in addition to the dowel in the butt plate screw area.

So still looking, may have been in a authored book. If I can locate hopefully it will point to an ordnance document stating approved repairs.
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2017 at 11:21am
Thanks Dan!
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2017 at 6:21pm
Plugs like that are usually used to hide the heads of screws, but in your case, I'd say they where use to replace a defect in the stock.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2017 at 5:48pm
Finally located and purchased an Overton (OI) made stock. It's pretty nice for what I paid for it. no m
etal was included with the sale or handguard. I was told it was originally removed from an Inland, ser num 6,84X,XXX carbine many years ago. It still bears the partial
Ordnance Wheel stamp, some hieroglyphics in the barrel channel, and the OI in the sling cut. No rebuild stamps are present.

I'm still gathering the Inland metal bits for the stock but here it is.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12