The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talon99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: May 09 2016 at 2:25pm
I'm a new member from the Dayton OH area.  I received a CMP carbine in the beginning of April.  It was an Inland and was in very good condition. 

I find it really cool that after all these years, my carbine made it back to within five miles or so of where it was manufactured.  The Inland plant was in the old Wright Brothers plant on the west side of Dayton.

It shoots very well with the factory ammo I've used.  I have the last of the supplies for reloading.  My 16 y/o son is quite fond of shooting it.

I have learned quite a bit from the forum and hope to be able to add something as well.
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 8:16pm

Although I've only been a member for 19 days now let me say welcome.  I'm still figuring my way around but there are great members here to help.  Pictures are a biggie and their forum program for adding pictures is GREAT!  (I succeeded on my first try.) So this is my only suggestion, checkout Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials and read up on New2brass's discussion on Pictures Tips, Sizing and Posting.  You'll be needing it.  Glad to hear you're getting to share this experience with your son.  Enjoy this time together. 

Best regards

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2016 at 9:14pm
Welcome! You've got your first carbine, but be careful. It can become quite the hobby.
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2016 at 9:40pm
Howdy and welcome from Texas! I think you'll find the carbine sickness has infected many in your part of the world. You have your first one, have you considered what you want for the next one?
 Post Reply Post Reply