Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Standard Products M1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Standard Products M1
    Posted: Mar 13 2016 at 3:47pm
I have bought this M1Carbine on a website of a German Gunshop. The pictures were quite bad but it was relatively cheap (399.00 Euro). A short email exchange with the shop revealed that it had an Underwood barrel and that the stock was not in good shape. As I was looking for a STD.Prod. to add to my collection I decided to buy it regardless.

I have to say that I don't regret at all:
Stock: Cartouche on the right side and S-HB on the left
Handguard: S-HB, 2 rivets
Barrel band: Type I
Butt Plate: S-SJ
Recoil Plate: STANDARD PRODUCTS
Sights: type I flip rear sight with "S", Front sight looks also original but I have problems with the identification
Barrel: Underwood, 12-43 with proof, short-skirt
Trigger Housing: ST
Bolt: S27 with what I suppose is a Type I firing-pin
Push Button safety: IP-W (no idea how this Irwin-Pedersen safety arrived at that carbine)
Mag-Catch, Hammer, Sear all marked SW
Op-Rod: S in circle inside and 79 on the underside

I think you can imagine that I am very happy with my acquisition. Yes it has quite some handling marks but I would have never expected to find it in such "original" configuration. And by the way the pictures seem to increase the dents compared to reality. The mag is fully functional although from the photos you would think it would be completely blocked.
http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/asl1306/library/M1%20Carbine%20Standard%20Products%201?sort=3&page=1

gene of oregon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2016 at 7:03pm
Nice Standard Products Carbine What did 399.00 euro's workout to dollars?

The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
Scott C. View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2016 at 11:52am
I think the current exchange rate is 1.1039  dollars per to a euro.  So $443.04.
SeoulFood View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeoulFood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2016 at 5:48pm
Nice! The stock doesn't look too bad.. anyhow, you could always buy a second stock for looks
Jimd80 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimd80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2016 at 9:01pm
Darn. Almost makes me wish I lived in Europe. Nice find.
Here, today is Memorial Day, and we honor those whose sacrifice kept us, and Europe, free.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 8:05pm
Great score! Bet there is some nice stuff lurking in Europe. Just a guess, but less collectors = lower prices and more stuff to find. Lots of WW2 vets overseas. More than a few had to keep a carbine as a souvenir + Bavarians. Saw an M1A1 at an auction in England once. Couldn't buy it though but it was nice.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2016 at 9:02pm
S-S3 on buttplate,  the last paper newsletter 384 explained the buttplate was made by Shelby Spring Hinge Co.

Seems Sta. Pro has 5 subcontractors that began with S

How would I say "I am jealous" in Luxembourgish, French or GermanWink
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2016 at 5:17pm
I like the carbine, but hate Photobucket! I pick up more computer trash on Photobucket that about any other group of sites combined. I wonder how much the IP safety is worth stateside. I seen just a few others with the circular marks on the face.
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2016 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Why Carbines? Why Carbines? wrote:

I like the carbine, but hate Photobucket! I pick up more computer trash on Photobucket that about any other group of sites combined. I wonder how much the IP safety is worth stateside. I seen just a few others with the circular marks on the face.

I don't like Photobucket either but I don't know what else I could use to post the pictures here.
Any suggestion?
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2016 at 7:27am
Originally posted by aschaefer aschaefer wrote:

I don't like Photobucket either but I don't know what else I could use to post the pictures here.
Any suggestion?

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/pictures-tips-sizing-and-posting-avatars_topic1083.html
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2016 at 6:39pm
Nice pick up? how is the barrel ME & TE?
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 7:12am
Originally posted by Ghostman Ghostman wrote:

Please excuse my ingorance. Ermm  What does it mean ME & TE?
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 7:19am
ME=Muzzle Erosion
TE=Throat Erosion
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 8:16am
At least 1 or maybe two of my SP stocks (which can be hard to find with crossed cannon cartouche) have the identical cartouche quality. They just aren't crisp. One was dragged out of the Korean mess of stocks. The stamp is all dinged up hiding in the dings.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2016 at 10:32am
SP cartouche stamps can take on almost a smeary look, like the dye was worn and used repeatedly after that.
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2016 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Ghostman Ghostman wrote:

Sorry took a while to take the picture, but as we had a M1Carbine competition yesterday I took some of my M1s out to take a picture with a cartridge. This is the only way I am able to show.

So here is the Standard Products muzzle.

Post Reply Post Reply