Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Identifying a M1 Stock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Identifying a M1 Stock
    Posted: Mar 11 2016 at 7:39pm
I bought this Stock with a Unmarked Type 2 BB. There's nothing in my Books or The Website. Has anyone has seen thee marks and can you Please let me know what they were put there for. The one inside the Stock is 26 or 2G and the one by the Sling Well is S over 3 over 56. Please if you have any information could you Help me out. Thank You

Frank

GoldenGuy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2016 at 12:29am
Is the bottom of the stock flat-ish? any full side view pictures/
imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2016 at 12:32am
A little...I think it might be a Winchester...I thinking for what I saw. Unless you have a idea. Thanks
Frank

gene of oregon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2016 at 11:39am
It would help with better pics of the sling well, both side views, recoil and butt plate. Barrel band I'm saying Inland
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2016 at 12:05pm
I will try, but were going to be busy today and possibly tomorrow. Then I will add more pictures, but I'm on my Cell Phone and the pictures are on my Tablet. Thanks for the help, I will post them. Thank You
Frank

Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2016 at 12:47pm
Frank, unless I am missing something, it's Winchester. The long slingwell cut is a clue as well as the two digit number/letter code on the wood that juts out in the trigger housing well. The numbers on the outside near the slingwell are incidental ones placed on during the stock's service life.
 Post Reply Post Reply