Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Club Requests and Member Submissions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Serial Numbers to Look for and Report

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike in NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2023 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by jackp1028 jackp1028 wrote:

In March of 2016, Rcycles45 posted a Photobucket link on the first page of this thread to pictures of his rare Type 1 spring tube Rock-Ola, S/N 16728xx. Unfortunately, that link has since become inoperative. Rcycles45 has given me permission to directly post those missing pictures in his behalf so that they will be preserved in the Club's server and Club members can again see an example of a rare carbine. Below are the first few pictures Rcycles45 emailed to me. Hopefully there will be more to come.

The flip sight base of thie Rock-Ola 16728xx appears to be marked BR on the right side of the base. Do you know if there is any stamping on the leaf of this flip sight?

Edited by W5USMC - Aug 24 2023 at 4:37pm
Rcycles45 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rcycles45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2023 at 6:00pm
The base and the leaf are both marked BR.
HARLEY08 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARLEY08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2023 at 10:10am
Nice early Rock-Ola

M1DB
cmysix View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmysix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2023 at 6:10pm
I have just inherited National postal meter 4177178 1943 has a marlin barrel 
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2023 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by cmysix cmysix wrote:

I have just inherited National postal meter 4177178 1943 has a marlin barrel 

Welcome to the forum. I encourage you to start a new thread under the Carbines of the Collectors section of the forum in order to tell us more about your NPM. 
Your Postal Meter's serial # is well within the range of known serial numbers. The list on the first page of this thread above is asking for carbines in serial number ranges that in 40 years of collecting have not been reported.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
JimG View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2023 at 2:39pm
Just came across this site and need to report an Underwood receiver I have. It was the base for a Fulton Armory M1 carbine I had built several years ago, that is back when they were still using old military receivers and not the new one they are now shipping. The receiver also has a "B" stamped below the serial number if that is useful.

Serial number: 2541885

regards,
Jim
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2023 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by JimG JimG wrote:

The receiver also has a "B" stamped below the serial number if that is useful. 
Serial number: 2541885

Jim,
Thanks, would really love to see some pictures of the receiver markings. (serial# along with the B)
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
JimG View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2023 at 11:01am
Wayne,

While setting up to take a picture I found I typed the serial number incorrectly in my earlier post; it is not 2541885, it is 2641885 and I don't think this is one you are looking for.

sorry,
JimG
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2023 at 11:51am
JimG, it doesn't matter if it isn't in that group. We would all still like to know more about your carbine. We collect information on ALL carbines. Please fill out a data sheet for it. Every entry we get adds to our knowledge of the carbine and its history. It doesn't matter if it has been through a rebuild or not. It all helps us understand the carbine history. While we are particularly interested in certain serial groups, we are still interested in all carbines regardless of the serial numbers.

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
JimG View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 25 2023 at 8:49pm
I have the one picture of the serial number and "B" stamping but I didn't see a way for a guest to add an image to a response, did I miss something?

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2023 at 3:52pm
JimG, 
see the link below. the datta sheet and the post have an email address you can send pictures to.
Smoky 1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoky 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2024 at 7:26pm
 have 2 Carbines that may fit in the block your looking fore.
  IBM 3873486
  Underwood  2601098
   Hope it helps.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2024 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Smoky 1 Smoky 1 wrote:

have 2 Carbines that may fit in the block your looking fore.
  IBM 3873486   Underwood  2601098    Hope it helps. 

Smoky 1, thanks but neither of those serial numbers fall into the range of unreported serials mentioned on page 1 of this thread.
Serial Numbers to Look for and Report - The Carbine Collector's Club - Page 1 (uscarbinecal30.com)
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image