The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Inland Mfg. Carbines - Anyone Purchased One?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2017 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by gkayea gkayea wrote:

The only problem i am having is FTF cartridges into the chamber, it happens quite frequently. The bolt will strip the cartridge from the magazine but jams the cartridge sometimes between the top of the feed ramp and the left side of the chamber.

Have you fired it with different magazines??
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 8:44am
Polishing the feed ramp definitely made a difference in my S'G' I'd go for it.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

wd4ngb View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wd4ngb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 2:45pm
To help isolate it, try firing the carbine with the magazine sitting on a table or something putting some pressure on the magazine. If if feeds good, the mag catch is the problem. A good M2 USGI one will fix it.

Retired Army, 22 years.
gkayea View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkayea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 6:38pm
Yes I have tried quite a few different types and the 15 round mags have fewer FTF then the 30 round mags. And i did change out the magazine catch with the M2 type. I have magazines that were supplied by Inland, Fulton, Keep Shooting and Korean made ones, have no favorites among them. I am leaning towards carefully polishing the feed ramp. 
gkayea View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkayea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 6:44pm
Thank you,
 I failed to mention in my original post that i had changed out the mag catch with the M2 type along with changing the cross bolt safety with the lever type. I have noticed that some mags fit tighter then some other ones i have.
gkayea View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkayea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 6:50pm
Thanks for the advice, i tried polishing it with my Dremel with cylinder shaped fob & some jewlers rouge but i didn't have the cone shaped Fobs to do a proper job. I have seen these fobs on Ebay but haven't gotten around to buying some yet. I will give them a try. I am also trying different case lengths on my reloads to see if that is an issue.

Glenn
gkayea View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkayea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 6:54pm
  Yes, I have tried 4 different manufactures with nothing to write home about, they all function about the same, 15 round function a little better then the 30 round ones. I won't give up trying to solve this FTFeed
issue. 

Thank you.
Glenn

Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2017 at 7:46am
I touche on this on  an earlier post. If you have to slap the mag to set it, the little tabs need to be filed just a little bit. Retry with the mag full to see if you have filed enough. I found this mag repair on YOUTUBE.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

gkayea View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkayea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2017 at 5:54pm
  Thanks Charles,

I will give it a try but may be a while until i get back to the range again.
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2017 at 2:12pm

To wd4ngb (Mr. Richards),

have you had any offers on the Advisor stock that has been replaced?
Michael
Retired Army 1987-2008
4th ID Mech, 11th ACR, 25th ID light, 82nd Abn, 101st Abn/AAsslt, 160th SOAR
Helicopter Dr.
VCDL member
NRA Life Member
Weapons & History Enthusiast

wd4ngb View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wd4ngb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2017 at 5:50pm
No,  wouldn't have any idea what it is worth.

Retired Army, 22 years.
Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2018 at 7:40pm
I checked out the Milsurpls site. Very disappointing review. I was considering getting a new one but at a grand I am having second thoughts. Maybe I'll look for another USGI and wait until they work out these issues. Hopefully they will.
wd4ngb View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wd4ngb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2018 at 8:55pm
Here is the up dated Advisor.  I added a 2/1 sling to it, and replaced the laser/light combo with a high output Green Laser. This is good out to 300 yards in daylight, and way farther than it will shoot at night. Took it to the range and it is Awesome !    

Wish I had this sling in Nam. It can go from a single point to a traditional 2 point in about 10 seconds. 

This is how it is used in the single point configuration. This allows the advisor to be pushed out using the forward grip stop to have tension on the sling for stability almost as solid as a rifle. Below is a similar style sling shown for clarity only. It can be pivoted around so the gun hangs along your side, then quickly put into action when needed. 

Retired Army, 22 years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123