Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M1A1 Pistol Grip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M1A1 Pistol Grip
    Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 5:34pm
Anyone notice anything unusual about the pictured grip?

Scott C. View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 7:27pm
It looks like the later style wood with the early cartouche on the bottom?  But, appears to have the later cartouche on the side also?
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 12:14pm
Correct. No cartouche on the right side though. First one I've seen like this. I've read about "transition" grips in the CCNL's but this one doesn't have the markings as described. Pretty cool to see something different that at least looks original.
Scott C. View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 12:23pm
That sure looks like a ghost of a cartouche on the right side?
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 6:37pm
I highlighted a few areas.

Blue area looks pretty close, seems a bit to small to me. Also not where I usually see them. Red area looks too big. Anything is possible though.

If the ghost stamp is there and the others are also legit, wonder why a pistol grip would be cartouched twice? I've seen them cartouched twice but usually a double stamp or tom follery.
yinzer View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yinzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2021 at 10:54am
Well, at least I was able to get pictures inserted in this post, lol.   I did my research so I think from the top photo this is a first run M1A1 Overton Inland pistol grip.  What I can't figure out is what the heck is the marking inside the circle located on the front of pistol grip.  A mangled "P" ??

Thanks for any light you can shed on this. 

BYW, the tutorial aid for posting pictures here is fantastic.

yinzer

TR
 Post Reply Post Reply