The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newer member from PA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weimar_police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newer member from PA
    Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 2:53am
Hello all - a 'smaller' forum like this is better, we just need to get some more folks.
Brief intro - I am originally from Washington state, joined the army, went all over the world and the USA for 20 yrs as a Military Policeman, retired in 2000. So, then I had to get a job! I work in the IT Security arena, mainly as a Senior Security or Senior Security Project Manager. After moving to Palouse, WA, a new job took me to Denver, Colorado where I lived for several years, but then the job brought me out East. I now live about 35 miles north of Philly (30 miles south of Allentown, if that helps). Not really a east coaster, but some nice gun shows out here, especially the Forks of the Delaware show, 4x a year!

I have always been interested in WW2 - but when I started collecting Lugers, I liked the Weimar period, especially the police. My mentor said I should collect what I knew and liked. I liked Europe, liked Lugers and was an MP, so since the nazi era doesn't interest me (US allied side does), i chose Weimar Police, thus my avatar

I am a moderator on the luger forum and also Jan Stills Luger forum, Jan's forum discusses a lot broader range of weapons, it is part of gunboards.com

I also have written some books - Co-authored Simson Lugers and Police Lugers and 'wrote' or edited three Veteran Bring Back books, which I believe are all a good read IF anyone has some verifiable, known bring back stories, does not need to be guns, can be equipment, etc, I would be interested for vol 4. Hi-rez pictures, good - real story, more than just bring back paperwork, but like paperwork and it was grandfathers and he talked about it...

I started collecting young, but truly started collecting after I left service. I have had a half dozen carbines, but even up to a year ago, foolishly sold one as a import marked one and it was a silly mistake (Buffalo marked, and I thought, import and sold it)...   So, if you asked me my favorite guns, I say, for shooting, the Colt 1911a1 and for collecting the Luger. For shooting and collecting, the M1 Carbine. Handy gem of a rifle, shoots hard enough, handy, sexy looking and reliable as all get out

Ed
Edward Tinker
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I / Vol II and Vol III
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 4:24pm
Ed, welcome to the forums! Wink
looks like you would have the knowledge and stories to go with it.
We do have a section for other military weapons and I for one would love some Luger eye candy!
Best, Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply