The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Infrared Scopes and Equipment, Night Vision > Infrared Parts & Equipment For Sale or Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB-T3 Inland and Commercial Controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB-T3 Inland and Commercial Controls
    Posted: Jan 19 2016 at 10:46pm
I need-want-beg-desire one of each!--Anyone one having a spare please email me
mike todd View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2016 at 11:45am
greetings from boerne , texas. it just so happens I have an absolute perfect T-3 inland and so marked on the right side of the receiver, in addition it has the complete infra red unit in the case. I cant tell you any specifics of the device at this time , as its on the other side of the ranch 21 miles from me. should this progress of course I can send detail info pics,  etc. the gun is 100% correct, never been cut or other detractions. it came from sam bases, if you don't know about him, he was recognized as the worlds leading expert on all variations of the carbine and infra red optics. I first became aware of him approx. 1955 and he advertised continuously in the shotgun news, offering repair parts and service for ALL U.S.G.I. night vision.i acquired it with the goal of having EVERY variation and mfgr of the carbine I have never attempted to add fluid and charge the battery or fire the weapon. it has just been the center display piece in the vault. I am currently reorganizing everything in the racks and want to add another colt Thompson variation. if it moves, I will also dispose of certain pieces from the 67 I have on display, but it being the key must go first or all will remain. I bought the first carbine  from DCM when they were first released, a like new never messed with quality with ALL early features and like examples followed. until 1970 when GCA 68 became law. in 2014 poulin auction house sold a like example from SAMS collection. with the proxy winning  for just shy of $12k.  the winning bid was via a posted proxy with a $16K limit. it was quite heated until $9.5 then down to a phone bidder and the proxy being the ultimate winner. in addition there was the 15% buy premium adding another $1700. to the total. I would sell at$12.8 plus insurance and shipping if you are serious. I also know of a rewelded rifle only sold for $6500. in 2004 at sar west. that vendor foolishly stated that ALL known units in civilian hands are rewelds.     issued units were almost ALL select fire and destined for korea first then Vietnam.   being select fire, they had to be cut  rather than go to DCM, etc. one can only wonder how the few got out, but I imagine a few straight thinking armorer's changed some trigger groups and managed to get them out. PLEASE UNDERSTAND, I am aware its a lot of money! I don't wish to have it exposed on the webb or any where else and have no need to support pic collectors, so be straight up with me from the start.  all for now CHEER'S MIKE TODD
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2016 at 10:21pm
found T3 Inland--just needing a Commercial Controls now
Scott C. View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott C. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2016 at 1:01am
Just??
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2019 at 5:47pm
He got a possible Commercial Controls. Now trying for the Golden Fleece, Goose that laid the Golden Eggs, and the carpenter's cup...

Jim
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2019 at 11:03pm
no--looking for a Rochester Defense marked one now, also missing a fabricated Inland t4 trigger house--then maybe a partridge on a pear tree
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2019 at 7:54pm
Marcus! What haven't you got in that collection???
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply