The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Luxembourg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Luxembourg
    Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 4:14pm
Just registered to this site. I have started to collect and shoot surplus weapons around 10 years ago. 
Like probably every beginner I was not really focused on a specific weapon or weapon type. So first I was interested in WWII weapons, later my interest, after reading a German Gun magazine, extended to semi-auto rifles of WWII and the early years after (up to the mid 60's). And then I was starting to shoot my M1Carbine and that was the time when I fell in love with this little rifle. 
Currently I own 17 M1Carbines and I am still looking for the next one to save Smile

I hope to learn more about the M1Carbine here in this forum. From what I have seen so far, this forum and the linked website is a great place for an M1Carbine enthusiast!
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 4:54pm
Unbelievable that you can own so many weapons.........In the Netherlands it is max. 5 pieces per licenced person.
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 10:30pm
I've read the Luxembourg allows multiple full auto too, and the cost is much less than the USA where a BAR would be $20K USD and well upwards from there, but over there it would be around $2500 USD comparable price. My prices are old info and probably quite low for USA.
aschaefer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aschaefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2016 at 2:07am
It is true that Luxembourg currently allows full-auto weapons. Those weapons can be owned and are registered on a collector's permit. You are not permitted to shoot them anywhere. To be precise, you are not allowed to shoot any weapon that you have on your collector's permit. Therefore 15 of my 17 carbines I have never shot.
 Post Reply Post Reply